Why become a member? ×

Selling on Basschat, a suggestion to the MODs

bassface2k10

[quote name='bassface2k10' timestamp='1429968141' post='2756787']

Are you trying to imply i'm stupid with the "Duh!" comment

It was a suggestion thats all, no need to be rude about it now is there
[/quote]

Just found this post!

No, not at all, I was just referring to the obviousness of using the search box to do a search.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1429953486' post='2756592']
If there is sub sections, i would rather it be done on price. 0-£500, £501-£1000, £1001-£1500,£1501-£50000 for example. If you divide all the basses into Fenders, etc, then you could miss a bargain that you hadn`t originally thought about,
[/quote]

This for me would be the main thing as I suspect a lot of us work to a budget when GAS strikes. As we have the sale/trade value field that is set and (I think) cannot be changed, could this be used as some sort of filter?

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1430061171' post='2757568']
I'd like the marketplace sub-forums divided up into manufacturer, type, colour, board type, scratchplate, number of strings, geographical location down to ward level and price bands in £10 increments. Example:

[b]Forum[/b]:

[size=3][i]Fender[/i] / Jazz / [i]Natural[/i] / RW / [i]Blk[/i] / 4st / [i]England / [/i]South Midlands[i] / [/i] [i]Oxfordshire[/i] / North Oxfordshire / [i]Banbury [/i]/ BA15 / [i]Shenington with Alkerton[/i] / £500-£510[/size]

The benefit of this approach is that it would make things much easier for me and more difficult for everyone else. That's right. I said it.
[/quote]

That’s just unacceptable; you’ve omitted vital information like constellation and nearest galaxy :rolleyes:

Hmmm, random guesses but
The basses for sale forum moves up to a couple of pages per day
Perhaps on average 8-10 or so new items added per day

Have a quick look at the page every day for new stuff coming up.

Use the search button for anything else

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1430203969' post='2758783']
This for me would be the main thing as I suspect a lot of us work to a budget when GAS strikes. As we have the sale/trade value field that is set and (I think) cannot be changed, could this be used as some sort of filter?
[/quote]

Where we are at the moment, that'd work but it wouldn't be reliable.

The catch would be that if someone reduced the price of an item and it then fell into a lower price bracket, the 'fixed' field wouldn't allow the sale to 'move' into the lower price search results.

Over the last 12 months or so, we've kept notes of requests/bugs/ideas and a better search facility was one of the top requested items.

We've been testing some new forum software so watch this space. ;)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1430061171' post='2757568']
I'd like the marketplace sub-forums divided up into manufacturer, type, colour, board type, scratchplate, number of strings, geographical location down to ward level and price bands in £10 increments. Example:

[b]Forum[/b]:

[size=3][i]Fender[/i] / Jazz / [i]Natural[/i] / RW / [i]Blk[/i] / 4st / [i]England / [/i]South Midlands[i] / [/i] [i]Oxfordshire[/i] / North Oxfordshire / [i]Banbury [/i]/ BA15 / [i]Shenington with Alkerton[/i] / £500-£510[/size]

The benefit of this approach is that it would make things much easier for me and more difficult for everyone else. That's right. I said it.
[/quote]

Without specifying active/passive, modified/unmodified, headed/headless, fretted/fretless, and headstock decal genuine/fake/NA (headless)/NA (pretty inlay)/NA (big lump of metal), this is useless, I tell you, useless.

P, J, Ray5 and all the other abbreviated terms are usually omitted when using the search function...
which means if I'm looking for one of them I have to scan all the threads using my own bleedin' eyeballs... the nerve.

Edited by Shambo