Why become a member? ×

Markbass gig bag

mfisher91

Hi all,

I'm searching for a Markbass gig bag. Does anyone know of any where that sells them fairly cheaply? I've just purchased a markbass little mark 250 and need to get a gig bag as I'm out gigging next weekend, however I can't afford to spend too much on one.

I've seen the Markbass ones for £70, but can't find any cheaper. Don't mind if it's not a markbass one as long as I know it fits perfectly!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1429459883' post='2751560']
Don't worry about perfect fit, get a padded laptop bag, with front pocket (for cables) from Tesco for £15.
Worked for me for the last three years.
Good luck,
Karl.
[/quote]

This, but £10 from Family Bargains!

If you prefer a hard case, get one of those aluminium-look camera cases with removable foam - about £25 from places like Maplin.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1429514191' post='2752011']
Mark Bass gig bags are disgracefully overpriced!
[/quote]

Seconded! My old Ashdown cover cost £35 last year and that was straight from them!

Had a look at maplins and there are some decent hard cases for £35 (where you can just the foam out), which is half the price of the MarkBass ones. I'll be taking a trip over there later this week :).

[quote name='mfisher91' timestamp='1429457920' post='2751544']
Hi all,

I'm searching for a Markbass gig bag. Does anyone know of any where that sells them fairly cheaply? I've just purchased a markbass little mark 250 and need to get a gig bag as I'm out gigging next weekend, however I can't afford to spend too much on one.

I've seen the Markbass ones for £70, but can't find any cheaper. Don't mind if it's not a markbass one as long as I know it fits perfectly!
[/quote]

Have a look at Thomann then..they appear to be just under £42 for the Little Mark gig bag (plus post I guess) at the moment. I've found it good to use and well made and front and back unzip to fold underneath and the back flap cover kind of 'velcro's' itself to Markbass cabs cloth covering so it doesn't slide off for any reason.

[quote name='mfisher91' timestamp='1429457920' post='2751544']
Hi all,

[/quote]

Gator, small mixer bag. I used them for a LMIII, a LMT800, and Genz Benz Shuttle and Streamliner. Nice handy pocket for cables.
About £20, I think.