Why become a member? ×

Precision Bass Appreciation Club!

Chiliwailer

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1445777879' post='2894038']
My Artic White MIM is starting to go a buttery colour which i never thought would happen with a modern poly finish. ☺
[/quote]

I know Olympic White goes a cream color over time. I didn't know about Arctic White doing that too. It's not from cigarette smoke, is it?

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1445813068' post='2894481']

I know Olympic White goes a cream color over time. I didn't know about Arctic White doing that too. It's not from cigarette smoke, is it?
[/quote]

No it's only an MX 2014 made bass, has been gigged a handful of times and lives in a smoke free house. I really don't know but i really don't mind either 😊

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1445813718' post='2894488']
No it's only an MX 2014 made bass, has been gigged a handful of times and lives in a smoke free house. I really don't know but i really don't mind either ��
[/quote]

Oh that's cool. I'm just a bit surprised that's all. it's getting it's character for you.

Edited by gsgbass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1439828877' post='2846082']
Great to see the vintage getting some gig time. I always think if you're going to have it, might as well use it! :)

How about a picture?
[/quote]

Here's the old girl. Definitely a time and a place for a good vintage bass in my life.

Apologies for the sideways pictures - everything I post at the moment seems to be on the wonk...

Edited by bassbiscuits

Finally I'm back to playing bass in a rock band, so I get to use my old P bass. I bought this in 1990 and it's only ever been set up once. It is truly an amazing bass. I originally thought it was a '75 but on closer inspection of the original pickup I think it's a '73 and the backup bass I haul around is this

and then there are my 'Police tribute basses'. Firstly the Bravewood replica of Sting's #1

and then there's the MIJ 70's fretless

and then there's the self built, 70's red fretless

Got to love a P Bass Edited by police squad

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1448290903' post='2914183']
Cracking selection of P's there Police Squad. :)
[/quote]
Thanks Gary, like yourself, there's been several others over the years, of which I don'y have any pictures but there was a '62, an early USA vintage reissue '62, 2 x late 70s, a Fender Sting re-issue, a JV that Billy Apple now raves about, and I gave a P Bass Lyte to my brother

Here's my three:-

The Olympic White bass is a 2006 62 AVRI. The pic was taken when it was new in 2006. The colour has now faded nicely to a more creamy finish.
The Ivory precision is a 1984 USA Standard which is a lovely bass and a joy to play. The Butterscotch Blonde is a 2004 USA Standard which fortunately managed to avoid the S1 switch.

Used my flatwound strung 2004 USPB today for the first time through my matamp gt-200 and 6x10.

Little bit of drive provided by my catalinbread sft and I reached tonal nirvana.

I've always played spector euro lx basses and I still absolutely love them, but something about the simplicity of a pb+tubes+drive pedal just does it for me.

Converted.

Edited by Basszilla

Hi Folks,

Im super new to this... so here goes on my first post.

I have always been a Fender Jazz-man through and through.

Playing in a Floyd trib though i know i was always going to be up against it tone-wise against the P-bass of R Waters.

I bought a TB Vintage Sig to fill the void.. but as great a bass the TB is, i just could not let the Jazz go...

...so i have taken the plunge and just had this land today... an early Xmas prezzie.

[attachment=206277:PBass.jpeg]

Edited by Swijn

I took my 1995 USA precision to a gig on the weekend, for the first time in a few months.

I'd used my Sandberg jazz-alike on the Friday night, but fancied some big fat P bass tones the following night, so took it along.

Just reminded me that I'm definitely a P bass man at heart - I love the articulate clean sound of jazzes, and they way they let you play, but a big blurry fat P bass thump really sort of suits how I play.

It was bass bliss and I feel better for the experience! Ahhh.

I've had a load of them, 60s, 70s Fenders mostly, but mostly been a jazz bass guy really.

Today I picked up the most beautiful 63' sunburst Precision. I'm doing the best I can to avoid telling the wife how much it cost. The neck absolutely incredible, plays as fast as the jazz really which I find very surprising - but I'd never had a good pre cbs before.

• 4 months later...