Why become a member? ×

Blackberry Smoke

madshadows

I only live about 30 min drive from Donington - I did feel for those I saw standing at bus stops in the drizzle on Sunday obviously on their way over! I think Saturday was probably even worse, it was still raining when I drove up to Sheffield in the evening to see a gig. I've not been since '88 when two people died in the mud...

Edited by KevB

I've heard a few of their tracks on the radio and find them ... OK. Not sure what there is justify all the hype around them.

Could someone who is a fan explain to me what it is they do that the Black Crowes haven't done already, and done considerably betterer? Ta.

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've heard a few of their tracks on the radio and find them ... OK. Not sure what there is justify all the hype around them.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Could someone who is a fan explain to me what it is they do that the Black Crowes haven't done already, and done considerably betterer? Ta. [/font][/color][/quote]

Personally I think Blackberry Smoke have a more country Lynyrd Skynyrd feel than Black Crowes with better musical and vocal arrangements but if you're a died in the wool Black Crowes fan and you don't get it then not sure how someone else's opinion will help you - not sure why you'd want to be convinced either? Like any band or music you'll either like it or not :)

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1428612939' post='2743153']
Black Berry Smoke are at SummerFest this year I will check them out.

blue
[/quote]

Aah, Summerfest, one of the greatest festivals ever. My only gripe was the benches they put out for the bands are great for sitting on during the day when it's quiet, but as it gets busier, people stand on them and even tall people have no chance of seeing the bands if you are too slow to get on a bench! I remember hearing Wolfmother, but didn't even get a glimpse of them and their show is very visual!

Edited by ubit

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1434612586' post='2801111']

What's wrong with a good neck beard?
[/quote]

Now that you mention it, you're right! I stand corrected. Let neck beards be accepted !

[quote name='Simon.' timestamp='1434553227' post='2800721']
I've heard a few of their tracks on the radio and find them ... OK. Not sure what there is justify all the hype around them.

Could someone who is a fan explain to me what it is they do that the Black Crowes haven't done already, and done considerably betterer? Ta.
[/quote]

I think they write great songs with excellent melodies and lyrics, they also have quite a few musical styles on their songs, Charlie Starr is an excellent singer and the band are fantastic live from the DVD and YouTube vids I've seen :)

John