Why become a member? Read more... ×
Commercial Opportunities Read more... ×
Ulas Engin

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

33 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Unfortunately that does seem to look like a 'Friday afternoon' bass doesn't it. Those neck pocket gaps are very Fenderesque! 

With any manufactured product anywhere, there's bound to be examples of where production hasn't gone right, & to my mind when that happens the response of the manufacturer is key.

In the circumstances, that's a great response from Adrian - if it were me, I'd spec a different bass from him & haggle a decent discount for the inconvenience!!

Yeah his response has been very good so far. I'd be perfectly happy to have the exact same spec but just without any of the issues. 

6 hours ago, mrtcat said:

Well sadly I have had to email Adrian and ask him to take my Elwood 5C back and either rebuild it from scratch or give me a full refund. The build quality has been a huge disappointment and I've just noticed a big circular lump has appeared under the paint on the rear of the body. Also the shaping of the cutaway on the back and the rounding of the back edge is very uneven. 

My gripes are:

1. Circular lump has appeared on the back

2. Neck pocket has significant gaps around it

3. The luminlays (which were retro fitted after they missed them on the spec sheet) look like they were fitted by a child

4. The refinish of the neck (after retrofitting luminlays) looks like it's been filed away where the fretboard starts in order to remove overspray.

5. There is wood texture noticeable through the paint.

6. The body shaping is uneven in places.

We will have to wait and see how Adrian responds but I'm hoping he will accept that this isn't up to standard and do the right thing.

Pics can be seen here https://photos.app.goo.gl/LEiDaguYHFM6b3XB7

That's pretty poor... and the Luminlay dots... ugh! That's not how it's done :(

Posted (edited)

Cazpar is coming to the configurator on Monday! 

I've stayed strong so far but I fear for the day the Jazzus configurator comes out! 

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Haha 1

Mines been back at Maruszczyk since Tuesday last week and not heard anything from Adrian yet. I'll drop him an email this afternoon to see what his thoughts are.

22 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

Mines been back at Maruszczyk since Tuesday last week and not heard anything from Adrian yet. I'll drop him an email this afternoon to see what his thoughts are.

Communication is never much of a strong point with them!

On 04/07/2018 at 18:03, BassApprentice said:

Cazpar is coming to the configurator on Monday! 

I've stayed strong so far but I fear for the day the Jazzus configurator comes out! 

Yup - holding on for a Jazzus.

7 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Communication is never much of a strong point with them!

Public Peace are currently taking their 1st business holidays in 13 years. Until the 22nd.