Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

That;[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1464591154' post='3060466']
Hey buddy, it was me that got the reverse headstock Jake. I added it about 3 weeks into the build, luckily it wasn't a problem. It didn't add anything to the price though. I think the only part that knocked the price up slightly was the ebony board.

Here's the pic
[url="http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/ashrome/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8730.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote][quote name='cocco' timestamp='1464591154' post='3060466']
Hey buddy, it was me that got the reverse headstock Jake. I added it about 3 weeks into the build, luckily it wasn't a problem. It didn't add anything to the price though. I think the only part that knocked the price up slightly was the ebony board.

Here's the pic
[url="http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/ashrome/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8730.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Lovely, stock electronics too?

Yum, sent him an email.

Not sure on wood types yet. May go for Alder/Mahogany/Maple for this one.

If you had to describe what his own pickups sounded like what would you go for? I'm having a hard time finding samples in the context ( older style Metal and general use) that I'd use it for.

Adrian has just told me his own brand of pickups aren't doing a Humbucker right now, just letting you guys know

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1464614954' post='3060785']
Yum, sent him an email.

If you had to describe what his own pickups sounded like what would you go for? I'm having a hard time finding samples in the context ( older style Metal and general use) that I'd use it for.

Adrian has just told me his own brand of pickups aren't doing a Humbucker right now, just letting you guys know
[/quote]

They're high output and pretty gritty. They do the rise against kind of sound really easily.

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1464619792' post='3060837']
They're high output and pretty gritty. They do the rise against kind of sound really easily.
[/quote]

Shame he's not doing them anymore, I went with Delano's instead. Sound much better on the video's than the ones I have in my Jake already.

Been tempted to swap them out for some Dimarzio's but I have no idea if they'd be a straight swap or not.

Anyone who's had one of these, can you guys tell me IF the Ultralites are worth the 150 extra? So far in my build I've got them in, but if they're not worth it, then I'll skip them

Edited by Fisheth

Yum, sent him an email.

[/quote]
I chose his own Humbucker for my jake which I ordered a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure he would have put one aside for mine :).

[/quote]

Really? Wow.. mine must be one of the last of this run, then. It's a shame as they're as pokey as hell...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1464629542' post='3060978']
Really? Wow.. mine must be one of the last of this run, then. It's a shame as they're as pokey as hell...
[/quote]

Yeah so I was surprised.

My last thing to know is about the tuners, are the Hipshot Ultralites worth the money compared to the stock ones? If not I'll be ready to put a deposit down at the end of the week.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1464630125' post='3060982']
Yeah so I was surprised.

My last thing to know is about the tuners, are the Hipshot Ultralites worth the money compared to the stock ones? If not I'll be ready to put a deposit down at the end of the week.
[/quote]
I've experience with both the stock tuners and the Ultralites. The Ultralites 'feel' higher grade, but the stock tuners are just fine.

The reason I went with the Ultralites on my custom orders was purely to minimise any risk of neck dive, as I'd asked for lightweight bodies.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1464630263' post='3060983']
I've experience with both the stock tuners and the Ultralites. The Ultralites 'feel' higher grade, but the stock tuners are just fine.

The reason I went with the Ultralites on my custom orders was purely to minimise any risk of neck dive, as I'd asked for lightweight bodies.
[/quote]

So at 4KG the tuners shouldn't be an issue?

Sorry for the double post here:but have the prices for Adrian gone up slightly? Build I'm planning is at least 100/200 more expensive than my last one and it's similar in spec. But I'm not sure,

also WOT how dark is dark rosewood? I know you asked for some, but is it almost like ebony or is it slightly lighter?

It seems that Adrians prices have gone up a little, but still worth it in my mind.
I asked for Dark Rosewood on my build too, isn't as dark as ebony, just looks like nice rosewood after a good oiling.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1464689910' post='3061387']
It seems that Adrians prices have gone up a little, but still worth it in my mind.
I asked for Dark Rosewood on my build too, isn't as dark as ebony, just looks like nice rosewood after a good oiling.

Si
[/quote]

^^^ +1 to all this.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1464689910' post='3061387']

Si
[/quote]

Oh it's worth it if my first one is anything to go by, I'll get a second one from him and if they're as good as the first I'll sell a couple of basses and get a couple of Jazz's from him.

I just don't remember him charging for reversed headstocks and things when I originally asked about it with my first build

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1464692109' post='3061408']
Really need to see and play one of these up close.

I'm guessing a retail deal would put them around £1300 plus... and that puts them in another league..?
[/quote]Still cheaper than a mass produced Fender US Standard (£1400 at Guitar Guitar) and street loads cheaper than a Custom Shop which would the comparable build.

Man alive I really sound like a fanboy! Probably true, but with good reason :)

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1464694686' post='3061453']
Still cheaper than a mass produced Fender US Standard (£1400 at Guitar Guitar) and street loads cheaper than a Custom Shop which would the comparable build.

[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you play US P's for a bit?

How are they in comparison? I've never actually played a USA Fender!

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1464695639' post='3061474']
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you play US P's for a bit?

How are they in comparison? I've never actually played a USA Fender!
[/quote]I've had a '63, a US and a MIM Roadworn P. I have also had US and MIM Jazzes. I'll discount the '63, as that was something very different due to its age, but the others, by comparison to my Elwood L, felt very 'put together'; a collection of parts (albeit a well put together collection of parts - for the most part). The Elwood L feels more organic and hand crafted, which, of course, it is.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1464692109' post='3061408']
Really need to see and play one of these up close.

I'm guessing a retail deal would put them around £1300 plus... and that puts them in another league..?
[/quote]

Mine will be at the Herts Bass Bash if you're thinking of coming :)

Si

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1464700593' post='3061539']
I've had a '63, a US and a MIM Roadworn P. I have also had US and MIM Jazzes. I'll discount the '63, as that was something very different due to its age, but the others, by comparison to my Elwood L, felt very 'put together'; a collection of parts (albeit a well put together collection of parts - for the most part). The Elwood L feels more organic and hand crafted, which, of course, it is.
[/quote]

Interesting, so it feels like one whole thing as opposed to parts? Gotcha.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1464716509' post='3061793']

Interesting, so it feels like one whole thing as opposed to parts? Gotcha.
[/quote]Everything fits as if they've been made for each other, rather than just raiding the parts bin.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1464694686' post='3061453']
Still cheaper than a mass produced Fender US Standard (£1400 at Guitar Guitar) and street loads cheaper than a Custom Shop which would the comparable build.

[/quote]

See, that's kind of my problem, I don't rate the CS build.