Why become a member? ×

Apologies to Elias Mooseblaster (aka Ralph), Happy Jack and Bluejay

Clarky

A bunch of BCers - namely Ralph, Jack and Silvia (plus Ralph's lady friend) - turned up to my band's gig tonight at the Green Note in Camden. Unfortunately its a 'cosy' venue and it was completely sold out by 8pm, so this esteemed crowd were turned away.

I know they had made the journey from New Malden and Chiswick respectively on a fairly crappy night weather-wise so I just wanted to say a massive sorry that they had come all this way and not gained entry. I owe you all a drink (or two)

Edited by Clarky

That's a real bummer. But also lovely your gig was sold out!

I hope [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ralph, Jack and Silvia and Ralph's lady friend had a lovely night out in Camden despite the disappointment. I work in Camden, there are some lovely pubs and music joints around there.[/font][/color]

Sorry Sylvia! The Green Note have invited us back to play at the end of the year - we will know better next time about booking tickets in advance. Basic problem was that this was the first time we had ever sold out a venue so it came as a shock to us to see them turning people away

Apologise? Nonsense!

I was genuinely delighted for you mate, and glad to have been part of the story.

I will now be able to regale Basschatters for years with stories of how we were turned away from your first-ever sell-out gig.

Now I want one too!

Hope the gig itself went well ... and bloody well get us on the list for the next one. :lol:

ps: Silvie is quite right about spending a Friday evening in Camden. Most of the time I don't "feel my age" at all (inside my head I'm still 17) but last night was a struggle. Every pub we went into felt like a school disco.

Cheers Jack! The gig was a blinder, great crowd reaction. We played our first drummer-less gig (he is travelling the world) which put extra onus on me as the time keeper but all was good. Next time you are in Camden just roll your trouser legs up and wear a fake Brian Blessed beard and you will blend into the crowd ;-)

No worries, Clarky - at least we were turned away for the admirable reason that you filled the house, and not, say, because the doorman had decided to be arsey about my choice of footwear! Glad to hear it was a good gig, and I shall know next time to get my tickets well in advance.

Sorry we missed you, Jack and Silvie - we managed to find a place to perch in the Spread Eagle, though to be honest even that felt more like a school disco than my usual choice of drinking hole last night! Hopefully we'll catch up again soon. (Though I do own an amusing false moustache in case we have to infiltrate Camden again...)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1422107238' post='2668755']
Erm, yeah, I was outside too. Couldn't get in and me ticket cost me £20. And I was beaten up by the bouncers. And mugged

So, I'll take £25 for the ticket and £8k for the facial injuries and inconvenience.
[/quote]

Cheeky beggar! Get back to your hat shop

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1422124597' post='2669022']
Shame on you Clarky. ;)

Wish i was in a band that could sell out a bus shelter let alone a venue.
[/quote]

The Green Note is "cosy", like a Bleeker Street venue in NYC, Marvin. We are not talking the O2!!!!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1422107238' post='2668755']
Erm, yeah, I was outside too. Couldn't get in and me ticket cost me £20. And I was beaten up by the bouncers. And mugged

So, I'll take £25 for the ticket and £8k for the facial injuries and inconvenience.
[/quote]

I was believing this till I read the bit about being beaten up by bouncers. I'd like to see a soft southern bouncer try to take you on, lol :-)