Why become a member? ×

Steely Dan Goucho

bubinga5

i never had a favourite band. but these come close. was playing this album earlier today with my nieces , and later on they were singing the sax part of this. they asked me," what is the song was about uncle Andrew". i didn't want to begin to explain.i think that might up for debate.? everyone has there opinion on this record. more importantly, i hope they absorb this music and it has the same effect later on in there life, that it has for me. its just wonderful music. i don't want to smother them with music i love, but i don't think any harm will come from listening to it. Aja is next. :D [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWFo1CA_9yk[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

Aja had many session players on it too, as did some of earlier LPs....it's well worth checking out the Classic Albums documentary on Aja on BBC4 or Sky Arts 1. Such classy arrangers and musicians.
I think Chuck Rainey was on Royal Scam too. The Dan were reknowned for using some of the very best sessionistas on East and West coast

LOVE Gaucho (the album). I recall it wasn't big at the time - Aja was a tough act to follow.

Don't the CD versions of the albums have amusing notes as to the "meanings" of the songs by Fagen & Becker? I recall this one as being about a gay love triangle...

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1421171126' post='2658006']
I thought all their albums were, apart from the first couple.
[/quote]

This was my belief also. I think I remember reading that Becker and Fagan tried no less than six guitarists for a short solo on just one track, before settling on one. :blink:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Cant remember which track.[/size]