Why become a member? ×

Wide 4x10 cabs

Pow_22

Ive recently been rocking my Bugera 1960 valve amp at practise where the SVT is just too much, great sound and a real nice amp so far.

However, the amp is very wide - 79cm or there abouts. Its fits perfectly on my Ashdown VS212 when it is set horizontally but id really like a 4x10 to go with it.

I know its only aesthetics but im not keen on the whole 'T' look (where the amp over hangs the cab either side) but am really struggling to find a 4x10 wide enough. Anyone got any suggestions at all? Needs to be around 300w, 4ohm or 8ohm.

Cheers

Edited by Pow_22

Hughes & Kettner 410h is very very very wide! There's a massive port in the middle and instead of making the cab tall they made it wide instead.

Also very heavy, but extremely high quality and can be had for peanuts. I bought mine for £125 and sold it for the same. Too heavy and bulky for me unfortunately.

Truckstop

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1420542463' post='2650375']
GK RBH series 4x10 is a very wide cab due to the side ports. Sound stunning to boot.
[/quote]

That would my suggestion too. I used to use a 4ohm version of this cab a few years ago. It sound absolutely immense. It is however very heavy but so worth it!