Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='543259' date='Jul 17 2009, 02:49 PM']As for the original Streamline being "girly"... I love the one I have with the LED's - It's practically the last original shape one apart from Alex's....[/quote]

Dawn did ask me if I wanted a re-vamped one when I ordered mine... but I tried a curvy one and got on fine with it, so went for that instead.
Here it is (Again!);

Liking it lots, and looking for an excuse to confound audiences by gigging it!

well... this trio is mine!
The Shark 5'er will have a bridge pickup added (thanks Andy!) as well as a TB5 5 hi/low cut'n'boost circuit. The S1 Classic is a real cool all-round bass and the Streamline is big fun in a small package, play it with 30-90 strings.
[attachment=29458:IMG_2209.JPG]

Edited by hummel

It is a lovely bass, Nick. I wasn't too impressed when I took it out the case first but I put a set of 35s on it and that just pulls the neck a little more than the 30s it came with. The depth of tone is just great now. Just a lovely bass to play. This is #84.

Graham

Edited by BassBus

[quote name='BassBus' post='549728' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:27 AM']It is a lovely bass, Nick. I wasn't too impressed when I took it out the case first but I put a set of 35s on it and that just pulls the neck a little more than the 30s it came with. The depth of tone is just great now. Just a lovely bass to play. This is #84.

Graham[/quote]I know what you mean about the necks, yours doesn't have a truss rod, I'm so glad Rob put truss rods in them later on.
Can he retro fit truss rods into the older basses? I know he can replace them in the newer basses.

I don't know about retro-fitting trus rods, Steve, and Rob and the crew are away for two weeks hols so can't get an answer right now. I always thought that no trus rod would be a good idea but I think it's probably better to have one in the newer necks. Not that this is a bad bass in any way, but it's interesting to see how the quality of the instruments has improved over the years. My S2 is just so much more refined than the MP. Mind you it is 24 years younger!

[quote name='BassBus' post='550433' date='Jul 24 2009, 05:31 PM']I don't know about retro-fitting trus rods, Steve, and Rob and the crew are away for two weeks hols so can't get an answer right now. I always thought that no trus rod would be a good idea but I think it's probably better to have one in the newer necks. Not that this is a bad bass in any way, but it's interesting to see how the quality of the instruments has improved over the years. My S2 is just so much more refined than the MP. Mind you it is 24 years younger![/quote]

Rob fitted a truss rod to my old red Series 2000 (fppr!) which now belongs to Moo (the guy who owned it prior to Moo's purchase had it done)! Quite a big job I think - best to contact Mr G once he's back off holiday!

[quote name='BassBus' post='548828' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:46 PM']Here is the 'MP', Status Series 2000, with my S2 fretless, I am told this once belonged to Mike Porcaro of Toto. It's in pretty good nick for a bass that's 25 years old.

[/quote]
I'm chuffed about it staying in the BC family. I was making enquiries about it myself until the sale of my Spector 6 fell through. If you ever want to sell, let me know. :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='550820' date='Jul 25 2009, 03:14 AM']I'm chuffed about it staying in the BC family. I was making enquiries about it myself until the sale of my Spector 6 fell through. If you ever want to sell, let me know. :)[/quote]
Sorry, but I don't think that will be happening for a while. She's a real grower. The more I play her the better she sounds. Fantastic tone across the board and so easy to play. :rolleyes:

Edited by BassBus

Yeah, it was an S2000 that caught my ears and hands and memory back in '87. I remember the neck profile of that one I tried being flatter on the back than #84's neck. Still that tone is there.

Reissue model??? Do you know something we don't, Rich. Or is that just wishful thinking. :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='559412' date='Aug 3 2009, 05:03 PM']Well there has been mention (from Dawn) that there's to be an S2000 reissue towards the end of this year...[/quote]
B****r, B****r, B****r!!! :rolleyes: :) Another one I want. Well, one's never enough is it.

Edited by BassBus

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='559412' date='Aug 3 2009, 05:03 PM']Well there has been mention (from Dawn) that there's to be an S2000 reissue towards the end of this year...[/quote]

Hallo sire!

hope u are well etc.

I actually suggested to Rob many years ago that he should bring out a range of `vintage' Statii - this could be it!!! He's been busy with the current range but it will great to see some reissues!

Nick