Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='flychris' post='412021' date='Feb 17 2009, 02:44 PM']it means ? ;)[/quote]
That Statii are supposed to be quite "punchy" (for want of a better expression) and (like most basses) that'll be in parallel mode as standard.
IME, running coils in series gives even [i]more[/i] output, albeit at the lack of some tonal sublety.
Married to an all-carbon/graphite body, that could make for one aggressive sounding instrument

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='412139' date='Feb 17 2009, 04:23 PM']I've always liked that bass, ever since I first saw it on Statii.com. There's one very like it on the stock bass pages of the Status website at the moment.[/quote]

cheers rich..the pictures don't realy do it justice.....think the one on the status site is a silver one.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='421545' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:19 PM']Yes, I forgot yours had a blue tint to it, Al Embic :)

Here's some recent promo pics from Blondie UK. Ignore the fat bloke. The bass is the important bit :rolleyes:

[/quote]

It's the bloke off MasterChef.

[attachment=21233:gregg_wallace.jpg]

Hopefully joining you lads soon.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Bass-Graphite-S2-Classic-Left-Handed_W0QQitemZ230329108385QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZ"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Bass-Graphite...13QQssPageNameZ[/url]

Edited by steve-soar

Nice one Steve.
I had the first left handed 5 string S2 thru-neck from Status which was also all black as yours but with blue side leds. A friend of mine ordered the first left handed 4 string neck-thru S2s (fretted and fretless) so guess your new purchase came shortly after these.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='421545' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:19 AM']Yes, I forgot yours had a blue tint to it, Al Embic :)

Here's some recent promo pics from Blondie UK. Ignore the fat bloke. The bass is the important bit :rolleyes:

[/quote]

I thought these promo pics were rather nice?

[quote name='molan' post='425952' date='Mar 5 2009, 11:26 AM']Now that really is a serious wig Crez - do you wear that for all your functions gigs?[/quote]

Hehe.... nope we're not that way inclined...... I only wear that sometimes with the Disco/funk outfit I play with.....

[quote name='steve-soar' post='425524' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:05 PM']Hopefully joining you lads soon.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Bass-Graphite-S2-Classic-Left-Handed_W0QQitemZ230329108385QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZ"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Bass-Graphite...13QQssPageNameZ[/url][/quote]

Should be here tomorrow morning, I can't wait as I have wanted a Status bass for over 20 years. I even had a replica built because I thought Rob would never make lefties.
Will get pics up after a good spank.

[quote name='whynot' post='425625' date='Mar 4 2009, 11:23 PM']Nice one Steve.
I had the first left handed 5 string S2 thru-neck from Status which was also all black as yours but with blue side leds. A friend of mine ordered the first left handed 4 string neck-thru S2s (fretted and fretless) so guess your new purchase came shortly after these.[/quote]
Hi Alan I love the look of your Shuker but just one question, is there any hi-end custom UK bass that you haven't owned and can we have pics in the lefty thread? :)