Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

Hey, it's the other Martin! Yes, it's the myrtle-wood 5 that's ringing my bell at the moment :) It's got the tone block I want & it is truly stunning. I'm using the cocobolo bo5 a lot more than I thought I would at the moment, so "Myrtle" really would be useful. I'm taking my no.1 bass with me for a sound comparison, so we'll see...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='354421' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:16 PM']For you, Merton-Hobbitsesss??? Nooo! Preccioussss Myrtle-wood bassesss is all minsessss!!!
[/quote]Potential Status owners beware, this is what happened to OTPJ when he had to go into rehab for excessive purchases of Statii basses.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='353850' date='Dec 13 2008, 08:14 PM']Hey, it's the other Martin! Yes, it's the myrtle-wood 5 that's ringing my bell at the moment :) It's got the tone block I want & it is truly stunning. I'm using the cocobolo bo5 a lot more than I thought I would at the moment, so "Myrtle" really would be useful. I'm taking my no.1 bass with me for a sound comparison, so we'll see...

[/quote]

Wow! that bass is the biz!!!!! If it had LEDs I would be on the blower right now! (I assume that they don't retro-fit them??)

Yep, another successful visit to Colchester (aka. Santa Green's Grotto) today. Picked up my new bass to replace my recently sold KingBass. It was a hard choice between the two in the end, but it came down to the fact that I like headless best & if I get a six-stringer, it needs to be a bolt-on with the phenowood neck like my other 5er. The myrtle-wood five is not only stunning, but the most beautiful Status I've seen. Many thanks again to Rob & Dawn for putting up with my indecisiveness for at least two hours! Enjoy, everyone!

The Creator... All bow/prostraint yourselves in a fitful manner!

Me with my new bass...

My my..omg, you got that one, did you! And you spot the diff with the walnut centreblock even with the neck-through? (I remember having mine with both walnut centre and back wings and thought then that walnut had one of the most noticeable impacts on tone...and I know there are many who think this is some kind of mythic "placebo" effect).
Thanks for pm'ing me to share your joy: I have to say, it looks very well on you, and that top(er, the bass's) is so good as to be almost ridiculously exquisite. I can only imagine that Mr G. was delighted and flattered that after such deliberation you chose this model. Delighted as I am with my AC, the separation-pangs from the S2 have just stuck a fork in me innards and given 'em a wee twist...
Beats me how Rob can excel and recreate anew each time he does these. I've said before and will do so again: if anything deserves a design award it's a babby like this. Many congrats and happy playing...would you keep us posted with your thoughts on tonal diffs with this one?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='355249' date='Dec 15 2008, 06:21 PM']Yep, another successful visit to Colchester (aka. Santa Green's Grotto) today. Picked up my new bass to replace my recently sold KingBass. It was a hard choice between the two in the end, but it came down to the fact that I like headless best & if I get a six-stringer, it needs to be a bolt-on with the phenowood neck like my other 5er. The myrtle-wood five is not only stunning, but the most beautiful Status I've seen. Many thanks again to Rob & Dawn for putting up with my indecisiveness for at least two hours! Enjoy, everyone!

The Creator... All bow/prostraint yourselves in a fitful manner!

Me with my new bass...
[/quote]Looks like you and Rob were listening to some serious Dub and having a good old puff. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My new Status neck for my Stingray :)

I just posted this for a chuckle, to see the difference between Status Graphite necks and.......£90 Musicman copies with Carbon Fibre sheeting to cover up the headstock. I made an arse up of the painting, so I sanded it down and thought "Why the Hell not!", and i'm on a budget aswell. I created this Status wannabie.

Enjoy lol.