Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='285508' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:08 AM']Nice one - I'd got me 'eart set on that - !

Still, there we are! Mike wouldn't accept my offer of £1100 four days ago! Hehehe! Must be the crunch![/quote]

As if you need another?! It's the lights. Girls dig the lights...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='285464' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:59 PM']Hey Jim, it was you that bought Mike's Empathy, then? Nice score! :huh: I hear it's had a full factory refinish, too. Lucky man![/quote]

And I've now ended up with 3 Statii that have been previously owned by James Durand....

Lined Fretless S1 now for sale on www.statii.com - will be on here in a few days if no takers, then eBay a bit after that :)

Just got back from a trip down to sunny Kensington to drop off the `Ice Queen' Series 2000 for Andre - met up with moo at last (top top chap indeed!!) and what an amazing collection of Status basses he has! Brought back some good memories playing my old red 2000 and I've now got GAS again for a Kingbass! He's posted some pics over at the Statii forum - God I look terrible!!

Cheers!

N

[color="#0000FF"][i][size=4]Posted by themoo[/size]
There are a few things but the top 2 are...

1/ The gap between the strings and the body. I much prefer the smaller gap like the old Series II's and my Alembic MK sig!

2/ A chamfered top edge above the bridge area as this digs into my forearm[/i].[/color]

[size=4]Hey, point 2 is something I've wondered about for awhile with my S-2. Has there been any discussions on how to resolve this?[/size][font="Verdana"][/font]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='299147' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:41 AM']LOL! Sounds as if the 'special relationship' is good as ever! Is the KB2 being unveilled on the website this weekend as rumoured?[/quote]

Dawn did not say anything specific but Rob will be doing some updates to the site very soon!

Nick (your slightly younger bruvva!)

Here's the text from Rob & Dawn...

The original KingBass was designed and first introduced in 2001.
Since then, with Mark's help, we have extended the range to include
the Artist, Standard, Black Beauty, Graphite, Princess and Retroglide models.

After sitting down with Mark and discussing the options we decided to go for a more radical departure.
The KingBass Mk-II is the result.

The overall look and feel is obviously a continuation of the original headless KingBass models but one
major changes include a more "old school" look of the headed neck.

Combined with the Status 'J' style pickups and slightly larger body shape the overall result is
a stunning new bass that Mark described as " ... the best bass Status ever made".

The original Status EQ has been retained " ... still sounds perfect".

A woven graphite through-neck with a 34" scale, 24 fret phenolic fingerboard is standard.
The body has the classic arch-top contouring with a book-matched facing set on a 2-piece solid hardwood back.
Having a slightly wider, thinner body compared to the previous KingBass, the feel is very comfortable no matter what your playing style.

The bass is available as both four and five string models and has many
custom options available, including, string spacing, woods, LED's, hardware etc.

Note that the lower strap buttons have been set wider apart.
This helps with the balance and playability of the bass.

The lay-back head-stock has a shallow recess moulded between the top-nut and the tuners. This replaces the "BendWell" fitted to some of the original headless KingBasses and lets you produce string bending and vibrato effects.

The top-nut has hardened steel ball-bearings which help the string glide easily when bending notes. This also means that the top-nut will be very durable.

The woven graphite neck is set into the body and has a wide
recess to aid playing on the higher frets.

Mono-rail bridge units are fitted. These help isolate each strings frequencies and increase sustain and clarity.

The phenolic fingerboard has a "slap-ramp" between the 24th fret and the end of the board. This makes "slapping" and hard finger-style playing more comfortable.