Why become a member? ×

Rob Allen Mouse 30 Fretless (lined) for sale ****SOLD****
£1900

honza992

It is with a broken heart that I put up my Rob Allen Mouse 30 for sale. Ordered in May 2014 and arrived in August it is a thing of incredible chocolate-y beauty! The top is incredible, changing completely depending on the angle you view it and the lighting conditions. Photos, of course, don't do it justice. However, I got married in the summer and my Italian wife is forcing me to live in Italy (I realise I'm probably not getting much sympathy at this point...!) so I'm quiting my job and having to sell what I own to pay for the move.

The bass is in absolutely perfect condition. With the exception of very light playing marks on the fingerboard (its got nylon wrap strings) it's in the same condition as when I received it, not a ding or scratch on it. It has never left my house. It comes with a Rob Allen (protec) case, which is sort of half way between a soft and hard case and is very high quality.

Specs:

Lined fretless
Maple top (from some angles it looks quilted, from others is looks spalted!)
Mahogany body
Goncalo alves lined fretboard
Fender style thumbrest - matches the top (I have never installed this)

I ordered the bass direct from Rob Allen. They are listed as £2100 at Bass Direct, so I think £1900 including the thumb rest is fair. I would REALLY rather you come to pick it up, but I've got the original packaging so can send it by courier at your expense. I live in North London (N1).

I am not interested in trades.

I've sold a couple of basses before on Basschat, see here for feedback:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/29279-feedback-for-honza992/page__p__303239__hl__honza992__fromsearch__1#entry303239"]http://basschat.co.u...__1#entry303239[/url]

The photos are the ones that Rob took before dispatching it, and for your interest one of the top before finishing. If you want me to take more photos now I can, but as I said it hasn't changed condition at all!

Photos.....

[attachment=178725:JC1.jpg]
[attachment=178726:JC2.jpg]
[attachment=178727:M30-Qmaple#314.jpg]

Edited by honza992

[quote name='honza992' timestamp='1418736090' post='2632790']
It is with a broken heart that I put up my Rob Allen Mouse 30 for sale. Ordered in May 2014 and arrived in August it is a thing of incredible chocolate-y beauty! The top is incredible, changing completely depending on the angle you view it and the lighting conditions. Photos, of course, don't do it justice. However, I got married in the summer and my Italian wife is forcing me to live in Italy (I realise I'm probably not getting much sympathy at this point...!) so I'm quiting my job and having to sell what I own to pay for the move.

The bass is in absolutely perfect condition. With the exception of very light playing marks on the fingerboard (its got nylon wrap strings) it's in the same condition as when I received it, not a ding or scratch on it. It has never left my house. It comes with a Rob Allen (protec) case, which is sort of half way between a soft and hard case and is very high quality.

Specs:

Lined fretless
Maple top (from some angles it looks quilted, from others is looks spalted!)
Mahogany body
Goncalo alves lined fretboard
Fender style thumbrest - matches the top (I have never installed this)

I ordered the bass direct from Rob Allen. They are listed as £2100 at Bass Direct, so I think £1900 including the thumb rest is fair. I would REALLY rather you come to pick it up, but I've got the original packaging so can send it by courier at your expense. I live in North London (N1).

I am not interested in trades.

I've sold a couple of basses before on Basschat, see here for feedback:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/29279-feedback-for-honza992/page__p__303239__hl__honza992__fromsearch__1#entry303239"]http://basschat.co.u...__1#entry303239[/url]

The photos are the ones that Rob took before dispatching it, and for your interest one of the top before finishing. If you want me to take more photos now I can, but as I said it hasn't changed condition at all!

Photos.....

[attachment=178725:JC1.jpg]
[attachment=178726:JC2.jpg]
[attachment=178727:M30-Qmaple#314.jpg]
[/quote]

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='StoooBasss' timestamp='1421532386' post='2662493']
Great transaction, thanks John..! I hope you enjoy Italy as much as I'm going to enjoy the Mouse..!! Cheers Stoo
[/quote]Welcome to the Rob Allen club, membership is an absolute joy, it's sad that you had to let it go John, but Italy will lessen the pain :)