Why become a member? ×

End of Glasto.....?

Beedster

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1417428283' post='2620106']
I'd rather watch LR than Arcade Fire, Kasabian or Metallica. Not that anyone at Glastonbury really cares about the music, if they did they wouldn't all buy their tickets before the line-up is announced.
[/quote]

I think you are under the impression that people just go to Glasters for the music....... Have you ever been?

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1417428910' post='2620119']
I think you are under the impression that people just go to Glasters for the music....... Have you ever been?
[/quote]

Yes thanks, though I did say that no one cares about the music so I guess we're making the same point.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1417430368' post='2620150']
Yes thanks, though I did say that no one cares about the music so I guess we're making the same point.
[/quote]

Of course people care about the music.... it's just thats not always why people are there.... This years Glastonbury was one of the best Ive been to in recent years despite being vastly overcrowded these days.

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1417428283' post='2620106']
I'd rather watch LR than Arcade Fire, Kasabian or Metallica. Not that anyone at Glastonbury really cares about the music, if they did they wouldn't all buy their tickets before the line-up is announced.
[/quote]
A second this A THOUSAND TIMES!

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1417434246' post='2620213']
The [i]Not that anyone at Glastonbury really cares about the music, if they did they wouldn't all buy their tickets before the line-up is announced. This part. Not the LR part :rolleyes: [/i]
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying, it's an easy mistake to make. Easy, like Sunday morning, one might even say...

I went in '87, the one and only time. Headlining was Elvis Costello and New Order who between them were so mind-numbingly dull that I would've been glad of Lionel RIchie. Mind you we had Stump, Gaye Bykers and The Soup Dragons so it wasn't all bad. I'd never go back though, just not bothered. Happiness is a clean toilet.

Having watched arcade fire, I have to agree, my verdict was.. What the **** are they doing.
As said, they could put sutty and sweep on main headline and people would buy tickets.
At least LR will have a good band that can play in tow.

Edited by spacey

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1417426129' post='2620089']
No more the end than it was when Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Neil Diamond, Dolly Parton etc filled that Sunday lunchtime slot which is when I understand LR will be on. From the info currently available he is not headlining.
[/quote]

Quite. I saw Tony Bennett doing that slot in 98 and he was top value entertainment.

Burt Bacharach was supposed to be on in 2000, but had to pull out due to illness. We got David Gray instead... but there was Willie Nelson straight after B)

Edited by cybertect

I think Lionel Ritchie and band will have far more chance of getting on my TV than many Glasto acts, I like him.

I have enjoyed some of it over the last few years, Goat, CSN, Wolf Alice , to name a few

Edited by lojo