Why become a member? ×

Status Kingbass Fretless **Final Price Drop" :)
£1650

dodgnofski

**Price drop to £1500.00 to a good home** :(

**Final price drop - now £1250.00 - to a very good home** :(

I'll spare you the tale of woe that unfortunately necessitates the sale of this beauty :(!! Needless to say that if I didn't need the dosh - it would be going nowhere!

Status Kingbass Standard, lined fretless with side markers between the fret lines which extend over the side of the fingerboard, making playing very easy and comfortable for us mere mortals.

Rob built this for me earlier this year to my specs and made a really incredible 'work of art' which is also - in my very humble opinion - the most naturally sounding and playable Fretless I've ever had the pleasure of making a row with.

Not being a great fan of mahogany, Rob very kindly created an Alder body, with a book matched arched Ash face and the result is nothing short of stunning. You really need to see it 'in the flesh' to appreciate how gorgeous it is, as my photography leaves much to be desired I'm afraid - sorry.

He also kindly agreed to make this in a passive version, as being Fretless I thought an active preamp was unnecessary as the combination of the neck and bridge pickups, with individual volume controls and a passive master tone control would give all the Fretless tones I would ever require - got that one right :)!

This is a very lightweight bass weighing just a smidge over 7lbs, it balances perfectly on a strap and just 'hangs there' making it a dream to play.

The condition is 'mint' as it has sadly has never left the house. Complete with the original, also mint Status branded Hiscox case and all paperwork.

Grab a dream of a Bass, without the 3 month wait :)!!

Here are the specs:-

Model KingBass Standard, Bolt on, 4 String, Headless, Bass Guitar

Neck Woven Graphite, 4 String, Lined Fretless, Black Phenolic Fingerboard

Scale Length. 34"

String Spacing Standard

Facing. Ash

Body. Alder

Finish. Polyurethane with Semi - Transparent White Tint

Pickups. 2 x Soap Bar

Circuit. Passive

Hardware. Black

Custom Options. Lined Fretless with side markers between the fret lines, set up with Double Ball Vintage
Nylon Black 40-60-80-100 Strings, so the fingerboard is unmarked!

I would obviously prefer cash on collection, but I still have the original box and so if someone wishes to employ the services of their chosen courier, I can package it up really well - in the original box and accept payment via Bank Transfer. If you wish to price up a courier - the dimensions are 130cm x 44cm x 18cm and the maximum packaged weight would be no more than 15kg.

Thank you for your time and interest

Edited by dodgnofski

Thanks Guys, I always loved with that 'fretless mwoar thang' - but having originally only ever tried unlined and especially unlined and with side dots 'on'
where the fret would be on a fretted bass fingerboard - I was worse than useless. So 'gave up' trying :(!!

Then Boomshanka! I was lucky to have a go on a friends lined fretless, with the side dots 'inbetween' and found that even an old cloth eared duffer like me could play accurately 'and' intune - well 'almost' :gas:!!

Edited by dodgnofski

• 3 months later...

'Just been reminded by the current kitchen viper that I still owe her an amount equivalent to the national debt of a small country, from when I had to update my jalopy late last year and now she wants to update hers' - type bump :(!!

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1426105595' post='2714555']
Any idea what Rob would charge to fret this??? Could open up the possibility for those who don't do fretless...
[/quote]

Might be worth asking Rob for the cost of a separate fretted neck. Then you'll have two necks (better than one) :)

Had a reply from Rob at Status, he says it would be £325 to add frets - but I would urge the new owner to persevere for a few weeks as it is - it doesn't take too long to get the hang of it with the lines & side dots - honest injun :)!!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='zero9' timestamp='1426189079' post='2715521']

Might be worth asking Rob for the cost of a separate fretted neck. Then you'll have two necks (better than one) :)
[/quote]

Rob won't do that. He'll do a neck swap but won't sell separate necks for fear of parts basses being held out to be real Status. (The Fender replacement stuff not included of course)

No , but he would add a fretted board to the existing neck, if it was what the owner wanted.

However, in my humble opinion that would be a shame as it plays so well as a Fretless and if a cloth eared, talentless old bint like me can play it 'in toon' - ish, then anyone can :)!!

Edited by dodgnofski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...