Why become a member? ×

The cost of a Fodera. Worth it?

thebassist

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1458670897' post='3009725']
My top of the range does not even scratch the bottom of the range Skjold/Elrick/Fodera/etc.Possibly time for a rethink.
[/quote] is that a hint I need to decide if I go for a custom bass from you soon!

The bass is now paid for and ready to ship! For the record, the Monarch Classic 4 starts at $4,850 so not really 'that' expensive... you get to choose colour (choice of 4) neck (choice of 2) and pickguard (choice of 3). I added a dropped-d tuner - but it still feels like a 'custom'.

For some reason I can't quote! Si - Aware that it is an excellent benefit for them to provide their employees with healthcare. They should be applauded for this, However, I do see it cited on almost every 'Fodera overheads' type thread.

Probably straying into politics so I'll leave it be.

[quote name='OutSpoon' timestamp='1458763358' post='3010693']
Does me paying 25% import duty and tax mean that the customs team get great healthcare too?
[/quote]no in the uk it helps mean we all get great and free healthcare

Providing healthcare for employees in the US is prohibitively expensive. As, apparently are paid vacations, mat/pat leave, pensions and the other 'perk's that most of the industrialised world takes for granted.

As for Scotland's export duties - I'm sure Mme Sturgeon is working on it!!

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1458828497' post='3011298']
Providing healthcare for employees in the US is prohibitively expensive. As, apparently are paid vacations, mat/pat leave, pensions and the other 'perk's that most of the industrialised world takes for granted.
[/quote]

WATCH OUT THERE SON, THAT SOUNDS A LOT LIKE SOCI_A_LISUMUM.

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAH!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1458826946' post='3011287']
no in the uk it helps mean we all get great and free healthcare
[/quote]

I definitely agree with accident and emergency but my personal experience with pretty much everything else with the NHS has been pretty poor.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1458767335' post='3010764']
Got 25% to pay on my Moollon P bass which is currently sat at the Parcelforce depot five minutes from my house... but i can't have it until HMRC send me a letter with the customs charges... :angry:
[/quote] - jeez, do they seriously have to send you a letter in the post? How long does that (did that) actually take? Now I think paying for priority shipping was a mistake if someone is going to send me a freaking letter. 2nd class no doubt!

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1459775689' post='3019450']
It's hard to become pro now, there's so many people willing to do it free.
[/quote]
Thing is, back in the 70s there were only about 10 people punching horses, now there's horse punchers everywhere and you can't even get someone to watch you punch a horse for free anymore.

[quote name='OutSpoon' timestamp='1459774366' post='3019422']
- jeez, do they seriously have to send you a letter in the post? How long does that (did that) actually take? Now I think paying for priority shipping was a mistake if someone is going to send me a freaking letter. 2nd class no doubt!
[/quote]

It wasn't too bad in the end. The bass sat at Heathrow for a few days with customs, then it got sent out to the local parcelforce depot and I got a letter the next day. Paid the charges online and then went to pick it up... but they would have delivered it the next working day (once the payment had cleared) had I wanted them too.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1459775937' post='3019457']
Thing is, back in the 70s there were only about 10 people punching horses, now there's horse punchers everywhere and you can't even get someone to watch you punch a horse for free anymore.
[/quote]
I blame the internet, it's hard to get your horse-punching noticed when there's just so much horse punching going on. I was thinking of starting a tuition website though scottshorsepunchinglessons.com, lots of youtube clips and some lessons on theory and technique.

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1459777402' post='3019480']
I blame the internet, it's hard to get your horse-punching noticed when there's just so much horse punching going on. I was thinking of starting a tuition website though scottshorsepunchinglessons.com, lots of youtube clips and some lessons on theory and technique.
[/quote]
Even that corner of the horse punching market is becoming saturated. There's only so many times you can watch someone tell you to hold your fist in a straight line with your forearm, and raise your arm perpendicular to your trunk to maximize power before it's all meh...

I dunno, punching horses is a young mans game. Maybe I should go back to nailing squirrels to wooden boards like my dad.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1459777157' post='3019475']
It wasn't too bad in the end. The bass sat at Heathrow for a few days with customs, then it got sent out to the local parcelforce depot and I got a letter the next day. Paid the charges online and then went to pick it up... but they would have delivered it the next working day (once the payment had cleared) had I wanted them too.
[/quote] cheers man. It arrived in the UK on Friday so hope I can get my hands on it by the end of this week... been waiting since December for this one!