Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1436892506' post='2821811']
They should have tried Monsanto.
[/quote]
Don't talk to me about Roundup, liquid of the devil and now classified in Canada as highly carcinogenic. And used as a dessicant on most common cereals in the UK... and breathe.....!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1436895982' post='2821856']

Don't talk to me about Roundup, liquid of the devil and now classified in Canada as highly carcinogenic. And used as a dessicant on most common cereals in the UK...
[/quote]
...I prefer milk and sugar on mine.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1436895982' post='2821856']
... liquid of the devil...
[/quote]

..from the evil empire, I'm with you on this. As a member of the[url="http://bumblebeeconservation.org/"] Bumblebee Conservation Trust[/url], I love buzzing - my frets do it all the time.

Just prior to his untimely demise, Joe Cocker was going to record a duet of "Unchain My Heart" with Melody Gardot. After a suitable and respectful delay, she has now announced a similar sounding duet with Robson and Jerome.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='pjb13.bass' timestamp='1436985115' post='2822608']
Johnny Winter and Donna Summer once recorded a blues/disco version of the old Justin Hayward hit 'Forever Autumn'. It had a Spring release.
[/quote]

I think I'd have liked to see "The Fall" in there somewhere too.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1437052392' post='2823168']
Well he did try out several of Frank Whittle's prototypes back in the day. (Elton John even wrote a song about it.)
[/quote]

Indeed; Zappa had a slightly different take, too, which inspired Guevara.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1437054822' post='2823215']
... which brings to mind that much-sung hymn: 'Hasta Siempre, Comandante'; its lyrics also rhyme in ABBA format.
[/quote]

The rumours that I recently changed my name from its Swedish original are unfounded. I wasn't Bjorn yesterday.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1437058399' post='2823267']
The rumours that I recently changed my name from its Swedish original are unfounded. I wasn't Bjorn yesterday.
[/quote]

Reminds me of something shamelessly stolen from the Bad Joke section..."David Hasslehoff has decided to revert to his shortened name, "Hoff" for his new TV show, as the full name is too much hassle...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1437058700' post='2823270']
Reminds me of something shamelessly stolen from the Bad Joke section..."David Hasslehoff has decided to revert to his shortened name, "Hoff" for his new TV show, as the full name is too much hassle...
[/quote]

He was a keen fan of the Bay City Rollers and often assisted at their concerts, which inspired him in the creation of a TV series.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1437061051' post='2823298']
That must be "Hoff the Record" then?
[/quote]

Yes, in which he explains how, very late one evening, he added a clause to his contract insisting on have a partially-built car on the set.