Why become a member? ×

just bought a status energy 4...

Kev

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230276989689"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230276989689[/url]

£204....a good deal??

looks like it has a wooden neck, with active electronics n red led's, total spare of the moment thing i saw it in the last 20 seconds n decided to bid

right decision?

Edited by BassManKev

thanks, i wasnt sure as iv not heard of or seen many status energy basses, does it look okay in the pics? i notice that in every other energy iv seen the little square at the neck pocket is black, but on this one its wood? is this because its a wooden neck?

I thought you'd snagged the graphite necked energy that was for sale. The wooden necked status basses rarely sell for a lot of money. They can be reasonably good value so long as you can be sure of selling it for close to what you purchased it for.

yeah i know that if it was graphite it would have been a steal, but tbf a passive status shark bass sold on here for the same price recently, and since this is active with two pickups and led markers, i think its worth the money i paid.

A very good deal, providing you get the bass and the guy gets in touch!

I've owned a wood necked Series 1 Status and a graphite necked S2 classic, and I have to say to my ears the wood necked bass sounded better. The S2 was more forgiving, and was built like a tank, but was too clinical for my taste. The Series 1 I had though had buckets of growl.

It was a Sunday so I shouldn't worry yet.

Yes - definite tea leaf job. My headed Energy 4 was a graphite neck as you've said you've seen - loved it. As I did the Energy 5 I had which was a wooden fella like yours with a slightly rounder body - same as yours. Don't know for certain if that makes yours and Energy Artist model which means you're not just a tea leaf , you're a good one too!

www.statii.com will be interested and have all the answers.

you lucky luck lucky barsteward :)

looks like it could be one of these two
[url="http://www.statii.com/status_cats/reviews/2/index.html"]http://www.statii.com/status_cats/reviews/2/index.html[/url]
as they have the wooden composite neck (eg 2 graphite rods in the neck), yours looks like it may have a mahogany body which would make it the energy, still alot of bass for your money.

Edited by lowhand_mike

bass came today, decent condition

problem? the tone/eq knob has no effect on sound. iv replaced batteries and still no sign of it even slightly working. master volume and pickup balance knobs are working fine (i assume thats what they are) but the bass's tone is dull and flat, which from what iv heard of statusus cant be right. help?

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='256091' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:21 AM']bass came today, decent condition, very light bass!

problem? the tone/eq knob has no effect on sound. iv replaced batteries and still no sign of it even slightly working. master volume and pickup balance knobs are working fine (i assume thats what they are) but the bass's tone is dull and flat, which from what iv heard of statusus cant be right. help?[/quote]

Whip the back cover off and make sure no wiring has come loose, I suppose?

ye done that

i assume since a sound is coming out, and no sound come out if i take the batteries out, the preamp is working fine, its just the tone knob isnt working, reckon its worn out??

[quote name='BassManKev' post='256102' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:29 AM']ye done that

i assume since a sound is coming out, and no sound come out if i take the batteries out, the preamp is working fine, its just the tone knob isnt working, reckon its worn out??[/quote]

Removing the battery would break the circuit. It proves the circuit is intact, but the preamp may still be at fault. Might be worth putting a multimeter across the tone control terminals and checking to see if the resistance changes when you turn the knob. I have no idea what that will tell you, mind, but wielding a multimeter, with a cup of tea on standby, is a good manly activity and should be encouraged!

opened it all up and took the circuit out, the tone knob is not soldered down properly, i couldnt tell before as it was a tight fit. im guessing that someones been playing consignment football and my bass has took a knock. i dont have an iron as mine broke, so i cant fix it myself.

cheap luthier in bristol??