Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 1515L Cab - Spares or repair? ON HOLD!
£100

Selling my Schroeder 1515L bass cab, Basically it need 2 new speakers! The round magnet drivers on the back of them have snapped off.

I have contacted Jorg @ Schroeder and he will send new replacement speakers over here including postage for $300.

Here is my original thread detailing whats up with it - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/236086-replacement-speakersdrivers-schroeder-1515l/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

I am looking for £100 including postage to a UK address. ON HOLD!!

Bank transfer only please.

Cheers

Edited by Me And My Bass

So £187 for new drivers and £100 for the cab? I'd be [i]right [/i]on this if I hadn't just bought a 21012L.
Anyone looking for a Schroeder (and you should be) would do well to seriously think about this!! :)

I previously had a 1212L (the 1515L's little brother) and it was immense. 800W RMS @ 4ohms, 42kg.
Really wish I hadn't sold it.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Me And My Bass' timestamp='1412785197' post='2572045']
The $300 quote was for both replacement speakers. Cheers for looking guys, l will go to the next person to message if the deal falls through.
[/quote]

Wow, that's a true bargain right there, then! Good score for Raslee. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1412793981' post='2572193']
Wow, that's a true bargain right there, then! Good score for Raslee. :)
[/quote] Cheers man, been after a light 2x15" for a while so it fits the bill and will be paired with Markbass tube 800 :)

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1412794289' post='2572200']
Cheers man, been after a light 2x15" for a while so it fits the bill and will be paired with Markbass tube 800 :)
[/quote]

That will be totally the business!! You will love it. However... if you DO move it on, PM me first!! :D

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1412795067' post='2572207']
Done :)
[/quote]

Or, thinking about it... perhaps it would be fairer to let it go to somebody who missed it this time around!!
As I've already got a Schroeder cab, and all... don't want to get greedy! :)

Edited by discreet

For what its worth, my oldish Schroeder 1210 appears to have two Eminence speakers inside, which are pretty readily available from places in UK like Blue Aran etc.

I don't know if they're the originals, but they have the Schroeder signature on the 12" speaker cone, and they sound brilliant.

Schroeder cabs are immense, so a good purchase for anyone who fancies a fairly simple fix.

The 1515L has two (possibly modified, so unbadged) Celestion Neo 15s - IIRC they were the BN15-400S.

Interestingly, when I first got mine, it had been dropped in transit, and the magnet had sheared off the back of one speaker and was rattling round in the box...I think a bad drop would do this to both, depending on how it landed...

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1412948627' post='2573566']
I think a bad drop would do this to both, depending on how it landed...
[/quote]

It would, but that's some drop! I have a group of teenage girls carry mine about. If any damage occurs they get a spanking.

• 4 weeks later...

I know Jorg has started using B&C Neos in the cabs (my 15L came with one) and they sound absolutely amazing. So, if the older Celestions did have a design fault - though that's quite the fault! - then hopefully you shouldn't have the same problem with the replacements