Why become a member? ×

SOLD - EBMM Stingray - black & rosewood - £625 including UK postage
£625

TimAl

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][b][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]S O L D !

1999 Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray[/font][/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][i][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2-eq[/font][/size][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][i][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Black ash, rosewood board & black scratchplate[/font][/size][/i][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][i][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4-string RH[/font][/size][/i][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Serial No. E10951[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Built on 02/12/99[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Totally original Stingray for sale - 2eq model[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]In pretty good shape for 15-year-old gigged bass but there are a few dings & dongs including a fair amount of buckle rash on the back, a bit of discolouration on the rear of the neck & a bit of corrosion on the pickup poles, but absolutely nothing that affects playability in any way - so this is not a collectors bass & is priced accordingly, but it plays & sounds exactly as it should.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]I'm just outside Bedford & am pretty flexible for viewings & will take £600 COD or I will box-up in a sturdy guitar box & courier to you for £625 with payment by bank transfer or PayPal 'gift'.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Only selling due to 'upgrading' to a pre-Ernie Ball model, so no trades please as Mrs TimAl is on the warpath . . .[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Don't hesitate to shout if you need anymore info.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tim[/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by TimAl

Thanks guys - v kind. Pictures are part of my day job, so I've got some decent lighting that really does help.

S[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1412277471' post='2567495']
Does it have its mm hardcase mate?
[/quote]

Sorry andydye, it doesn't come with a hard case I'm afraid.

Thanks again guys.

Also thanks for all the offers & trades, ranging from £300 to a kidney & partial 'use' of a girlfriend . . .

[quote name='CH161' timestamp='1412336303' post='2567928']
How does it compare to the pre-EB?
[/quote]

Oh blimey - it's so subjective isn't it - but to my ears the pre-EB is more 'natural' & slightly 'warmer'. The EBMM has more mids & is more 'aggressive' but then again my pre-EB has a maple neck so it's not really like-for-like. I'm quite shallow so the look of a maple neck plus the 'history' & heritage factor were a big player for me - but really there's very very little in it, although the pre-EB weighs a ton, if not more . . .

All PMs replied to :D

Plus on my rather ancient bathroom scales it comes in at exactly 4kg - which Google tells me is 8.8lbs.

Unfortunately I will not post overseas myself due to the cost of insurance plus my reticence at using couriers for such fragile items alongside potential customs issues - HOWEVER, if you wish to arrange your own courier I will happily bubble-wrap & securely box-up in a sturdy guitar box.

Hey, this should have been already sold weeks ago :-) on this price (and with these pics)
Good thing that A., I am set with my Spectors and B., I need 5 strings. (C should be that I made a promise never buy another black bass, I just had tooo many)
Have a free bump and good luck with the sale. Someone will be a happy player soon.

SOLD!

Thanks for all your interest but it's just been collected by a nice chap from London - it sold on another site for £600 cash, although it was up for more on there than here - as I know you fellas like to keep a handle on sale prices . . . 😃

Edited by TimAl