Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - please remove.

edstraker123

Hi folks,
The credit crunch has bitten and therefore I am selling my Shuker 4 string fretted through neck custom with hard case.
The spec of the bass is as follows :

Wenge, flamed maple & paduak laminated neck.

Black walnut body core with flamed myrtlewood body facings.

Ebony fingerboard.

EMG Hz pickups (passive)

EMG 3 band Eq.

Schaller Bridge

Gotoh GB707 tuners

Optima gold strings

It was bought new from Jon Shuker in May 2007 by myself and has only been played in the house and is therefore in mint condition.
No trades as need the cash and the bass is currently listed on Ebay (but only has watchers not bidders)so would be happy to withdraw it for a fellow basschatter.
Collection only from Liverpool £900 cash.
Jon has also made some custom knobs for the bass in matching woods (apart from the bottom half of the split one which he couldn't do)which I will also include.

[attachment=11403:s3.jpg]
[attachment=11404:s2.jpg]
[attachment=11405:shuk3.jpg]

Edited by edstraker123

Hmm, I thought there'd been a few up in the last few months ! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=757434673fb3a3ffe5ec5501d7059db1&search_in=titles&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bshuker"]Evidence[/url]

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='251249' date='Jul 30 2008, 12:40 PM']Hi, have you got any pictures of the bass yourself please and not the ones from the shuker site, i rang jon wanting this bass but was told it was sold so im very interested

Thanks
Sean[/quote]

Hi Sean - I'll try and get some up tonight although it won't look much different ! If anything the gold strings make it look even better and the knobs now match the body woods - I thought the originals let the bass down a bit which is why I asked Jon to make the custom ones. It was a shame he struggled with the split knob and could not do the bottom part of it , although he did say he would give it more thought (but was probably the last thing on his mind with the move etc.)so I didn't want to badger him about it.

[quote name='edstraker123' post='251288' date='Jul 30 2008, 01:11 PM']Hi Sean - I'll try and get some up tonight although it won't look much different ! If anything the gold strings make it look even better and the knobs now match the body woods - I thought the originals let the bass down a bit which is why I asked Jon to make the custom ones. It was a shame he struggled with the split knob and could not do the bottom part of it , although he did say he would give it more thought (but was probably the last thing on his mind with the move etc.)so I didn't want to badger him about it.[/quote]

More homemade pics as requested

[attachment=11432:SANY0007.JPG]
[attachment=11430:SANY0004.JPG]
[attachment=11431:SANY0006.JPG]
[attachment=11429:SANY0003.JPG]

No comments on my wallpaper !!

[quote name='Waldo' post='251890' date='Jul 31 2008, 10:34 AM']Uh oh, that's an amazing looking bass and i'm in Liverpool too.....

*slaps self*[/quote]

The setup on it is also sublime. The action is so low it virtually plays itself !

Damn these price increases !

Can't believe this bass hasn't sold yet mate, I'd deffo buy it off you if I had the cash.

To anyone who's considering buying this - I've played it myself and it's a fantastic bass, amazingly low action, great tone and the build is second to none - it is a Shuker afterall.

I remember Jon telling me that this was a one off design for the Musikmesse in Germany so there's no doubting it's originality.

Anyone wanting an instant high-end bass without the 3-5 months wait really need look no further.

Good luck with the sale amigo.

• 2 weeks later...