Why become a member? ×

Totally fake?

cameltoe

I cant tell properly but the trussrod may adjust from the headstock? Not on a USA I dont think? A better picture of the neck plate would be good too, the ones sold on ebay are a bit rough. His feedback shows he buys a lot of stuff from China and Hong Kong too...

I think the models with the patent on the headstock were something like 68-76. I can't ever remember seeing a more recent model with the same style decal? They were patents pending. I think the serial should be on the back of the headstock. I would be asking for some more pics especially of the truss rod access, the butt and the back of the head. It doesn't look right to me though...

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1410281850' post='2547810']
I think the models with the patent on the headstock were something like 68-76. I can't ever remember seeing a more recent model with the same style decal? They were patents pending. I think the serial should be on the back of the headstock. I would be asking for some more pics especially of the truss rod access, the butt and the back of the head. It doesn't look right to me though...
[/quote]

with that logo, serial number would be on the neck plate. The serial number went to the headstock when they started with 76 or S7/8.
Truss rod would adjust from the body too and there would be a plug in the headstock

Edited by police squad

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1410359593' post='2548532']

with that logo, serial number would be on the neck plate. The serial number went to the headstock when they started with 76 or S7/8.
Truss rod would adjust from the body too and there would be a plug in the headstock
[/quote]

You are right. according to Fender, the serial moved from the plate to the headstock mid 76 when that logo also changed. So, nothing on the back of the head but surely there should be a date of some sort on the butt?

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1410802101' post='2553346']
Just had an email from Fender chap called Paul Levesque. He says they have no control over items for sale on eBay? Reported an item to them before and it was removed. Must have been a coincidence...
[/quote]
A couple of items for sale in the shop were also listed on Ebay, then removed with a notice to contact Fender if we wanted more info. I emailed them, and fair enough 'Strat' (as in used Strat-type electric guitar) is their own word, but 'replacement neck to fit Fender and similar instruments? Japanese ones which are probably actually higher quality the F-word ones so they're jealous! I think they've been talking to Rick..