Why become a member? ×

I've gone and bought a Warwick

markytbass

[quote name='simondee' post='248761' date='Jul 27 2008, 08:56 AM']oh goddddd i just looked at that list.

There's two SSIIs. Oh dear this isn't good. Streamer $$. I can't even decide. This is BAD. VERY BAD.[/quote]

The cat is out of the bag, so credit crunch or not, I can't see these lasting long :)

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='248791' date='Jul 27 2008, 09:55 AM']They have a Dolphin Pro for £999 too, I still kinda miss my old one of them so it was tempting, check out the soundcontrol website for a list of all the stuff on sale.[/quote]

When you posted about Soundcontrol stock, I assumed that SC may have been clearing out their old stock so I Googled 'SoundControl' and clicked onto the actual SC url... it took me straight to REVERB!

One and the same.

I've gone and done it now too.

Just bought one of the SSII's for £999.

Funny thing is, we were in that same soundcontrol in birmingham in early june, picking up strings and other bits while on tour. I saw that very SSII on the wall, listed at £2199 and said to my lead singer [i]'that's my dream bass that is, if I got one of them I could finally do a proper Alex from Incubus impression'[/i].

Now, weirdly enough because of this site I've bought that very bass. Karma.

It's coming on tuesday. Well excited. In the last month I've got the two basses I've aaaalways lusted after since being a teen: a thumb NT 5 and now a SSII 4. Time to stop with the GAS I reckon.

However it's all very timely since we've got 3 really big support slots this august and I didn't want to use my knackered corvette at all.

[quote name='simondee' post='248901' date='Jul 27 2008, 01:52 PM']I've gone and done it now too.

Just bought one of the SSII's for £999.

Funny thing is, we were in that same soundcontrol in birmingham in early june, picking up strings and other bits while on tour. I saw that very SSII on the wall, listed at £2199 and said to my lead singer [i]'that's my dream bass that is, if I got one of them I could finally do a proper Alex from Incubus impression'[/i].

Now, weirdly enough because of this site I've bought that very bass. Karma.

It's coming on tuesday. Well excited. In the last month I've got the two basses I've aaaalways lusted after since being a teen: a thumb NT 5 and now a SSII 4. Time to stop with the GAS I reckon.

However it's all very timely since we've got 3 really big support slots this august and I didn't want to use my knackered corvette at all.[/quote]

Nice one :huh:

One knackered Corvette up for sale then :)

Amazing deal that, you lucky bastard :) . I would have had it if I had the spare cash. The thing is, I've got a big job interview next Friday and if I get it then I'll get a £1k golden handshake...that would have bought the SSII, oh well, it will have to go on something else like a boring but practical car :huh:

Ive gone and done it as well...SSI being delivered Tues :huh:! Wooop!

Tried everything on, asked for stuff...didnt get anywhere, paid..then got a call saying he'd throw in some Ernie Ball strings :)! Result :huh:!

The search is over for a new bass...and yet I feel the need for that Roscoe Beck IV...hehehe :huh:!

Impressed with Reverb/Sound Control Glasgow, they seem pretty sound guys :huh:!

(Sorry to hijack thread!)

Edited by Matt_UK

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='248932' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:03 PM']Ive gone and done it as well...SSI being delivered Tues :huh:! Wooop!

Tried everything on, asked for stuff...didnt get anywhere, paid..then got a call saying he'd throw in some Ernie Ball strings :)! Result :huh:!

The search is over for a new bass...and yet I feel the need for that Roscoe Beck IV...hehehe :huh:!

Impressed with Reverb/Sound Control Glasgow, they seem pretty sound guys :huh:!

(Sorry to hijack thread!)[/quote]

TEAM REVERB HIGH-FIVES

I had to seriously restrain myself from getting the black Jazzman too.

Thats the best photo I've seen in such a long time, gave me a proper chortle :)!

There was a black Jazzman?! That would be sweet...in Glasgow they had a Natural Jazzman for £599...but it had a "sheared off switch" (WTF?!?!?!) Seriously, how hard must someone have pranged that (and not damaged the rest of it) to shear off a METAL switch!? Still, cheap price if you factor in a new switch (£20)!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='248937' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:18 PM']BC must have done more for their sales figures than any other form of advertising could have done... any chance of them bunging us some freebie competition prizes :huh:[/quote]

Well they've made £1800 out of us...on a SUNDAY!? :)

Freebies ftw!

[quote name='YouMa' post='248969' date='Jul 27 2008, 04:02 PM']Im trying to trade my streamer stage 1 at the moment and to be honest im having trouble.[/quote]

Prices like this for new basses will hit a few 'nearly new' prices on this forum hard but luckily it's just one chain of stores not a full scale official Warwick reduction, otherwise that would be a kick in the nads for those that have bought new Warwicks in the last year or two.

Don't forget there were a whole host of other bass related gear for sale and some of the Ampeg stuff looked muckle cheap.

[quote name='Matt_UK' post='248946' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:27 PM']Thats the best photo I've seen in such a long time, gave me a proper chortle :)!

There was a black Jazzman?! That would be sweet...in Glasgow they had a Natural Jazzman for £599...but it had a "sheared off switch" (WTF?!?!?!) Seriously, how hard must someone have pranged that (and not damaged the rest of it) to shear off a METAL switch!? Still, cheap price if you factor in a new switch (£20)![/quote]

i did this to my Presision. Lightly knocked it while picking it up on a chair and the one of the two metal prongs in the rotary swich sheared off. Its now held in place with a tiny shim of cork in it!

It's a sign of the times really. Some people will benefit from these low prices on new stock however others trying to sell stuff on are going to lose out...or are they? If the prices of 2nd hand stuff is being affected due to the current credit crunch so are the prices of suppliers trying to shift new stuff. For example if your 2nd hand Warwick S1 was worth £800 before the so called credit crunch but is now only worth £600 does it really matter when you can now pick up a £2k bass for half that amount if you shop around? There will always be winners and losers regardless of the perceived state of the economy.

The one thing stores do not want is stock that they cannot shift so it is in their interest to move it on which is why you are usually able to haggle. After all what is 100% of no commission? Zero. A store will always make some profit on whatever they can shift and the more of a product they can shift the bigger the discount they can expect from the supplier so it's a win-win situation. You have to be a little bit hard faced (within reason) but there are deals to be had out there. A couple of years ago I bought a 65 reissue Fender Twin Reverb in blonde. It was listed at £1300 and on the day I went in I managed to get it down to £900 if I paid cash. I agreed to this and said I'd pick it up the following day. The following day arrived and I went in to pick up the amp and there was 10% off everything in store so I asked if that included my amp. A quick phone call later and they said I could have it for £800 cash. They even carried it down to the car for me (Fender Twins weigh the same as a bungalow). The guy in the store told me they still made a nice profit on the amp although not as nice as if I'd paid £1300 for it. The upshot of this is that I have returned to the same store and spent a shed load of money there as I find their after sales service is excellent. I benefitted from the discount and they have a returning customer and I have recommended them to others.

...It's Harker and Howarth in Bolton, by the way.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='248498' date='Jul 26 2008, 04:40 PM']Come on then, the both of you spill the beans![/quote]

A cryptic clue:

If you come up with the rather simple answer, and depeding on your music tastes of course, you'll get it dead on :)