Why become a member? ×

Timewasters

Thunderbird

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404807551' post='2495795']
Yes. A 'For Sale' post with no pics or 'pics to come later' confuses and infuriates me - and I won't have anything to do with it. When I sell stuff on here it's always with a lot of detailed pics and a full description of the item, its location and how it will be packed and despatched. I'm generally a lazy git so my view is, if I can be bothered then other people should be too! Just listing a bass (for example) and a price with no pics or info is a turn-off for me.
[/quote]

I've done this a couple of times, not all of us have a smart phone or digital camera, so taking a pic then putting it on the line is a pita for me.

I'd rather put up an item for sale with full description and pics to follow, than have to wait.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1404807551' post='2495795']
Yes. A 'For Sale' post with no pics or 'pics to come later' confuses and infuriates me - and I won't have anything to do with it.
[/quote]

I'll type a proper response later.

;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405161012' post='2499249']
Pah! Bring it on, you... you... [i]Jazz Collector.[/i] :P
[/quote]

Before we decide whether this is going to get you banned, may we enquire as to whether you meant "collector of Jazz Basses" or the unnamable alternative?
Honest replies appreciated, honoured and possibly lavishly rewarded.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1405170905' post='2499378']
...may we enquire as to whether you meant "collector of Jazz Basses" or the unnamable alternative?
[/quote]

Yes, of course 'collector of Jazz Basses'. What else could that possibly mean..? :rolleyes:

Regarding feedback, I recently sent out some brand- new- but - cut to length strings on approval before payment ( at my suggestion) to a member who has excellent feedback from some senior Basschatters. The individual in question then claimed the E string had broken. No problem I said, I have another almost identical practically unused E string I can send you later today , shall I do that ? No reply, so after 24 hours I sent it anyway just in case he needed it , all at my own expense. The next thing , I get a PM saying he has bought a new set that afternoon, "what do you want to do? " I replied that he could keep the strings as a spare set with my compliments.

What pisses me off is firstly that the fellow didn't tell me he had decided to buy a new set, and thus save me the expense and inconvenience of sending a replacement string, and, far, far more than that, after I told him to keep the strings for free, he didn't even say thank you or indeed acknowledge me in any way. Not so much as a" hello", "goodbye" or" kiss my arse". That is quite literally the definition of ignorant behaviour. Presumably he regards me with such disregard that I am not worth one more moment of his attention.

All the other Basschat members that have had dealings with this chap apparently think he is wonderful. To me, he is the worst kind of timewaster, even if it is over a very small item. I didn't leave any feedback for fear of rocking the boat and causing a dispute that have no time or energy to get involved in , but it does make you wonder how reliable some people's feedback is. Are folks as likely to leave negative feedback as they are the positive kind when usually they are buzzing after buying something new that they like or getting paid for an item they wanted to sell?

I couldn't really care less about such a small sum of money, but it is not nice to go out of your way to be fair to somebody and then be treated in such a contemptuous way. The chap is welcome to the strings, but he is not welcome to treat me like an idiot. That is Mrs Dingus' job.

Edited by Dingus

Before we decide whether this is going to get you banned, may we enquire as to whether you meant "collector of Jazz Basses" or the unnamable alternative?
[/quote]

:D

...may we enquire as to whether you meant "collector of Jazz Basses" or the unnameable alternative?
[/quote]

You could also have had 'Collector of Jazz Mags'.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1405177418' post='2499444']
Regarding feedback, I recently sent out some brand- new- but - cut to length strings on approval before payment ( at my suggestion) to a member who has excellent feedback from some senior Basschatters. The individual in question then claimed the E string had broken. No problem I said, I have another almost identical practically unused E string I can send you later today , shall I do that ? No reply, so after 24 hours I sent it anyway just in case he needed it , all at my own expense. The next thing , I get a PM saying he has bought a new set that afternoon, "what do you want to do? " I replied that he could keep the strings as a spare set with my compliments.

What pisses me off is firstly that the fellow didn't tell me he had decided to buy a new set, and thus save me the expense and inconvenience of sending a replacement string, and, far, far more than that, after I told him to keep the strings for free, he didn't even say thank you or indeed acknowledge me in any way. Not so much as a" hello", "goodbye" or" kiss my arse". That is quite literally the definition of ignorant behaviour. Presumably he regards me with such disregard that I am not worth one more moment of his attention.

All the other Basschat members that have had dealings with this chap apparently think he is wonderful. To me, he is the worst kind of timewaster, even if it is over a very small item. I didn't leave any feedback for fear of rocking the boat and causing a dispute that have no time or energy to get involved in , but it does make you wonder how reliable some people's feedback is. Are folks as likely to leave negative feedback as they are the positive kind when usually they are buzzing after buying something new that they like or getting paid for an item they wanted to sell?

I couldn't really care less about such a small sum of money, but it is not nice to go out of your way to be fair to somebody and then be treated in such a contemptuous way. The chap is welcome to the strings, but he is not welcome to treat me like an idiot. That is Mrs Dingus' job.
[/quote]

I can totally understand why you would be hacked off :(

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1405177418' post='2499444']

[/quote] I know what you mean you have every right to be annoyed some people eh?