Why become a member? ×

Speaker cab covers.

ambient

I want a cover for my speaker cab,

Any recommendations on who to use ?

I was reading the Roqsolid thread earlier, that's put me off them. I also emailed 3 days ago (before seeing the thread), they still haven't replied anyway.

Thanks.

:)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1401896808' post='2468025']
Just wish they'd bother replying to me then :)
[/quote]
its possible they could be away, i had a couple of days wait after the 1st email but then i got an apologetic reply shortly after, couple of years ago now though, or they could have just missed your email, spam filters can be over eager sometimes too.
if it was me i would try em again and if you hear nothing back pretty soon then look elsewhere.

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1401904891' post='2468180']
its possible they could be away, i had a couple of days wait after the 1st email but then i got an apologetic reply shortly after, couple of years ago now though, or they could have just missed your email, spam filters can be over eager sometimes too.
if it was me i would try em again and if you hear nothing back pretty soon then look elsewhere.
[/quote]

IMO these are all piss-poor excuses for a company that publishes its email address to attract business. If you're going to be away have an "out-of-office" message set up. Make sure that your spam filters are set up properly. If you can't do these things then you shouldn't really be publishing your email address for business purposes.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1401961843' post='2468663']

IMO these are all piss-poor excuses for a company that publishes its email address to attract business. If you're going to be away have an "out-of-office" message set up. Make sure that your spam filters are set up properly. If you can't do these things then you shouldn't really be publishing your email address for business purposes.
[/quote]

Totally agree. I got a Roqsolid cover for my Aguilar GS112 a little while ago. It took them over a week to reply to my email, told me they didn't want my measurements because they already had a template for that cab. It turned up, the quality was average at best, the handle hole didn't line up properly and for the price (which has been mentioned above as 'ridiculous'... I agree!) it wasn't worth half what I paid and offered little to no protection, even though I paid for the "padding".

I chucked it in my attic and bought the official Aguilar one which is infinitely better quality and a much better fit. It also didn't cost that much more. If Roqsolid is your only choice, I suppose it'll have to do but if you have options, I would advise on my experience that you use them.

Edited by skej21

I don't know if they are still going, but I got one from Silverstone a few years ago. An all over cover that zips up. Much better quality than any others I've seen. A bit crap to get hold of, but IME that's the way with most things in this cottage industry! Highly recommended and has stood up to lots of use very well.