Why become a member? ×

warwick pro series

jassbass

Hi,no one seems interested in Warwick basses on here,trust me i know :)

I would not expect to sound the same as the German made models maily due to the different woods used in their construction,although i would think they will still be very good instruments in their own right,my Pro Corvette is very nice indeed.
I would expect the new German Pro Series Thumb bass to be pretty close the a German one though.
The quality of the Pro series seems very high especially at the silly prices Thomann are selling them for.

Plenty of interest in Warwick basses and in their Pro Series versions. Just not the particular model the OP is asking about.

I own a MiK Pro Series Star Bass and right now it's my main bass for live and on most of the recent recordings I've done. It is also better finished than the MiG versions of the Star Bass that I had previously tried.

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1401890988' post='2467912']
The quality of the Pro series seems very high especially at the silly prices Thomann are selling them for.
[/quote]

Bummer, I've got GAS now having taken a look at Thomann :-D Streamer or Corvette? I'm thinking an active rather than passive Streamer?

I recently sold my German standard corvette, they sell for about £400 used if you look around, and I did try a Korean in a shop, while the German seemed, to me, to be a bit more " solid " the Korean was still very nice, the neck wasn't as deep. It probably depends what sort of music you play wether you'll notice any real difference in the sound, I only do live hard rock stuff and for me it did get a bit lost in the wall of guitars compared to my Fender, but solo it sounded sweet.

Ive just bought a used thumb 5 bo.in great condition.the best bass for me that ive tried.was thinking of the pro series but the wood finish is better on the german one ive just bought.sounds amazing for finger style havnt gigged with it yet though

Just bought a Corvette Active from Thoman, very well made, nice finish and well set up. Sounds fantastic in either active or passive mode.
Only needed a couple of tweaks for personal preference.
Took a week to get here but that did include a weekend stuck in Germany.

Agreed & congrats on the new bass.
What colour did you get ?
I got an antique tobacco one & love it,now fancying a fretless in honey violin :)
They are truly excellent basses,i have owned German made Warwicks in the past & my MIK is just as good as they were.
Bloody steal at £570 too :)

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1402657700' post='2475686']
Agreed & congrats on the new bass.
What colour did you get ?
I got an antique tobacco one & love it,now fancying a fretless in honey violin :)
They are truly excellent basses,i have owned German made Warwicks in the past & my MIK is just as good as they were.
Bloody steal at £570 too :)
[/quote]

I too got the antique tobacco, would quite like a black one as well.

Ive got an '87 streamer. Its an amazing bass. My favorite ive ever had. Think Jon C was a fan too. Although i would quite happily swap for his Sei.
Would like to compare it to one of the MiK ones though.
Mr Fretbuzz, any chance you could bring it to the south wales bass bash?

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1404074664' post='2489101']
Might have spoke too soon. Last night when cleaning the strings, the rag was black from the strings and fretboard and tonight I noticed the bottom strap button loose. Couldn't tighten it up and eventually the screw just pulled out. Taking it to Ed in the Shed tomorrow.
[/quote]

I had the same strap button problem with my German Corvette right after I bought it new. Easy fix though. Just put half a matchstick in the screw hole and screw it back in. Did that to mine about 15 years ago and its never come lose again since!

Edited by Painy