Why become a member? ×

1999 US Jazz in 'hot rod red'; SOLD PENDING THE USUAL
£620

Clarky

1999 Fender US Jazz in unusual 'hot rod red' colour, with added concentric pots (a la '62 and earlier Jazzes) and Wizard 64 pickups. Sounds fantastic, plays superbly well. Quite a few minor surface scratches and bumps, as befitting a well played/gigged bass but nothing through to the wood or really gruesome. Basically a super nice Jazz which I am only selling as I have picked up a superb Fender JV Jazz from the first run in the early 80s.

Soft gig bag only unfortunately but would be well packed. £620 collected from London or add £15 for post. I have pinched the photos from a previous FS thread, hope thats OK (the bass is now wearing steel rounds, not flats)

No trades please as this is paying for the JV. Also I do not have the original pots or pickups

[attachment=162989:9637184590_ecd4a04e9d.jpg][attachment=162990:9637181234_163f1a6c6e.jpg][attachment=162991:9637178026_63acb2d07d.jpg][attachment=162992:9633935209_c14276af76.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Pics of the minor surface dings, for full disclosure

[attachment=163012:IMG_2183.JPG][attachment=163013:IMG_2186.JPG][attachment=163014:IMG_2187.JPG][attachment=163015:IMG_2189.JPG][attachment=163016:IMG_2194.JPG]

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1400928671' post='2458225']
Why on earth is this bass still here?

Bargain.
[/quote]
Hey Steve, long time no speak! Yep, you will be hard pushed to find a better sounding passive Jazz. The chap I bought it from might be taking it back if one of his sales goes through but he told me to keep it up FS in case he can't raise the moolah. In his words its the best sounding Jazz he has owned (and he has owned CS amongst others)

[quote name='paulmcnamara' timestamp='1401107188' post='2460067']
Bump for a great looking Jazz!

ATB, Paul.
[/quote]
Thanks Paul!

In response to enquiries, I live in West London and work nr Liverpool Street station. The good lady is not keen on me having people round to view instruments (after a burglary) so I am happy to meet somewhere in London and have an unplugged inspection. You would have to take my word for it that the bass sounds superb - my 9 pages of feedback should tell you I am trustworthy and you could also ask previous owner Old Horse Murphy.

I can't speak highly enough of Clarky.

He's a thoroughly decent chap and probably one of the most trustworthy people on this forum and in general that I've had the pleasure in dealing with.

Also, as a previous owner of this bass I'd have it back in a shot if I could sell one of mine :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1401114653' post='2460185']
He's a thoroughly decent chap and [s]probably[/s] is one of the most trustworthy people on this forum and in general that I've had the pleasure in dealing with.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you Nick :)

Preferred the zombie make up Clarky :P

Great bass series these. Added to which, having had an 62AVRI it seemed to me like you could squeeze more tonal variation out of stackers, so a great mod on a fundamentally terrific series of basses.
Would love to do the stacker on my 2002 Tango'd, but I'd break it :rolleyes:

GLWTS
Bump.

Thanks gents, it's actually nicer than a regular US Jazz too as a result of Wizard pickups. Hmmm am starting to consider selling my JV Precision and keeping this instead, even though it would leave me with two Jazzes??? Anyway last post from me for 36 hours lest I get slapped (again) for over bumping

man this Bass has given me a serious case of G.A.S.... i have no need for a new bass but there is something about this that won't leave me alone!! I'll have a check of my bank balance tomorrow and if it's healthy enough i'll send you a PM....