Why become a member? ×

NBD-lakland dj4

bobbytodd

well today I took ownership of my first ever lakland bass.its a lovely white with pearl guard and maple neck and fingerboard.the paint work is flawless as the rest of the bass.it has to be best neck ive had on any bass ive owned all in all im a very happy chappy

[quote name='bobbytodd' timestamp='1399754572' post='2447409']
Pics
[/quote]

Lovely bass. That pearl white colour really suits these basses. Looks like the machine heads have still got the plastic on them, so that means it must be brand new. In that case , it will have the Hanson pickups, and I think they sound great. The Aeros on the older DJ's were great too, but the Hansons have got a little bit more bite to them, in my opinion.

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1399812751' post='2447885']
I recently picked up a US DJ in a music store and fell in love. A really beautiful bass and really light weight. Wha'ts the weight of your skyline like?
[/quote]

U.S DJ's are fantastic basses, but are actually quite rare due to the fact that they are so expensive ,and the fact the much cheaper Skyline version is so good. . Lakland have only made about 65 US DJ's in the last in the last eleven years, including the prototypes

.It's worth mentioning that the U.S DJ's has a very different neck profiles and fingerboard radius to the Skyline model. The U.S version has a neck profile that is an exact replica of Darryl Jones 1966 Jazz Bass, and a 7.25 inch fingerboard radius. The Skyline version has a much flatter 10 inch radius and a more generic( but still very comfortable) Jazz Bass neck profile.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1399816127' post='2447933']
U.S DJ's are fantastic basses, but are actually quite rare due to the fact that they are so expensive ,and the fact the much cheaper Skyline version is so good. . Lakland have only made about 65 US DJ's in the last in the last eleven years, including the prototypes

.It's worth mentioning that the U.S DJ's has a very different neck profiles and fingerboard radius to the Skyline model. The U.S version has a neck profile that is an exact replica of Darryl Jones 1966 Jazz Bass, and a 7.25 inch fingerboard radius. The Skyline version has a much flatter 10 inch radius and a more generic( but still very comfortable) Jazz Bass neck profile.
[/quote]

I did not realise that the U.S. versions are so rare, otherwise I might have gone ahead and purchased that U.S. DJ Wish I had now. That neck was really something special

Edited by leroydiamond