Why become a member? ×

What else do you run through your amp?

Number6

I run my bass a couple of effects (chorus, flanger etc) and my Kaosillator through my amp. Do you think i should use a separate amp for each? The sound seems okay as i only use the synth for depth of sound underneath the instruments. In some venues i can use the PA others prefers the musicians to use backline.

What do you run through your amp?

bass > lead > amp

When I used to play a bit of keys as well,Ii just put that through the PA as my rig was two 1x15s, no tweeters. If you have a 'full range' bass rig you may well get acceptable results putting other stuff through it.

Edited by JapanAxe

My amp is pretty flat-sounding and my cab is 2x12 with a tweeter so it handles effects just fine. Live if I get any time to soundcheck I send two signals to the desk so FoH can have a separate effects channel, but usually I just give them one DI and expect them to turn the whole lot into the usual awful flabby mush that sound techs in metal band T-shirts seem to think is a good sound.

[quote name='Spike Vincent' timestamp='1396692494' post='2416437']
I regularly run synthesizers through my bass rig.On the odd occasions I do electronic live performances I like to make people's bowels wobble.
[/quote]

I like this answer :-)

Edited by Number6

Bass, Tech21 VT DI, Amp. Any DI to FOH PA goes from the Tech21, so I can adjust on-stage volume/eq keeping the sound I want for the band through the PA. It also makes sound-guys happy as thee signal they get isn`t faffed around with.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1396700365' post='2416549']
Bass, Tech21 VT DI, Amp. Any DI to FOH PA goes from the Tech21, so I can adjust on-stage volume/eq keeping the sound I want for the band through the PA. It also makes sound-guys happy as thee signal they get isn`t faffed around with.
[/quote]

This.