Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1989 Musicman Stingray (mutes, birdseye, mojo) Still available £750
£850

Raslee

Considering selling/trading my lovely 89 ray as its not getting the use it deserves.

Pics here:-

[url="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B02eVeeHiFtbRXBIOVp3TjRPWkU&usp=sharing"]https://drive.google...WkU&usp=sharing[/url]

I have the original MM receipt/manual too. There is honest wear on the body (not fake relic rubbish). There is also a mark on the back of the neck but nothing that affects playability. The tort guard is a custom i had made via Bass Doc on here, its nitro tort (i think) so really looks authentic rather than that pizza cheap stuff. It was however made for a Ray34 but fits on my US Ray fine although it has the opened tab by the pick up (see pic) to accommodate the Ray34 pick up design. I have the original black pickguard too.

All in all its a funky beast of a bass, lovely birdseye neck, foam mutes, and a lot of peeps say this was the best period for Stingrays and i'd have to agree, but i generally use my jazz these days and i'm in need of a fiver for an upcoming project.

Tradewise, looking for a 5 string, ideally 19mm spacing, but may consider others. Lakland Jo5 or DJ5, Musicman Ray5 etc...may consider others with cash adjustments as necessary i.e Yam TRB2 plus cash my way, also looking for a light 1x12" or 1x15".

Edited by Raslee

Having had all sorts of 'Rays from every decade, from pre-EB to current production and Classics, I thoroughly agree with Beedster here. In fact I have kept two, both from 1989.

This is the year the new screw-through saddles on the bridge were introduced, so if you are looking for low action, you're in for a treat :)

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1395777792' post='2406238']
Oh you bad man you! You appear determined to separate me and what little cash I have!
[/quote] Haha....keep swimming by the hook my friend ;)

[quote name='pnefc42' timestamp='1395790976' post='2406489']
Where abouts in Devon are you?
[/quote] Plymouth way :)
[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1395807564' post='2406543']
Nice... What's the weight?
[/quote] On my dodgy scales i would say about 10.5lbs.

Edited by Raslee

[quote name='MikeBass' timestamp='1395794565' post='2406514']
Ha ha...glad I have my '89 Ray!! fabulous sound and beautiful figured necks.
buy with confidence.....
[/quote] Thanks, the man speaks sense and knows his stuff :)