Why become a member? ×

BC marketplace - exceeded my global upload quota?

miles'tone

Hi all.

I'm having trouble uploading photos to my ads in the marketplace as when I try, it just says "upload failed" while displaying that I've exceeded my global upload quota (31 mb so I'm over my 30mb allowance)
I've taken this to mean that I need to delete some old photos but all my old ads are locked so I can't edit them now.

Is there a way of fixing this problem here on BC, or is that it and I now have to link from, say, Flickr from now on?

Thanks,

Si.

You're better off using an image host like Photobucket IMO. No limits on the number and size of photographs.

Also AFAICS the Basschat uploader seems to reduce the images if they are of any decent size. That's about the last thing you want if you are trying to accurately picture an instrument you want to sell.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1392209266' post='2365942']
For some reason, I can't view anything that's posted on Photobucket on my laptop or mobile.

Any suggestions on how to cure this?
[/quote]

It's a commonly reported problem with Photobucket hosted images - loads of talk but no real answers.
Someone has suggested that Javascript needs to be enabled, so worth trying that perhaps.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1392223683' post='2366170']
It's a commonly reported problem with Photobucket hosted images - loads of talk but no real answers.
Someone has suggested that Javascript needs to be enabled, so worth trying that perhaps.
[/quote]

Thanks Ian, enabled Javascript and that did the trick.