Why become a member? ×

Soul Train.

bubinga5

My sister sent me this link. i really dig this vid and there are so many like this. i dig the music, but what i really dig are the different styles of dancers. absolutely think it was of the times when everyone had there style and were really enjoying themselves dancing..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFODu0AG194

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

Aye, great stuff. Love the dancing!!!

Somebody has put a video together, syncing up Daft Punk to Soul Train dancers. It works so well. Loose yourself to Dance ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXv37PFcAQ

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1390645149' post='2347817']
There was a UK version of Soul Train for a while - hosted by none other than Chris Forbes who I went to school with..one of the nicest fellas you'd ever want to meet..
[/quote]
I remember that very well. It was great idea and was a good effort but what we all really wanted in the UK was the real Soul Train.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1390645238' post='2347820']
this is a bit 'out there' but i think you can link a lot of the physical feel of the dancers, to the way you play the bass. yep i really think so. no i don't smoke weed. I'm possibly indoctrinated.
[/quote]

I have always thought this to be true, it's quite something when you look out at all those young women enjoying themselves because of what you're doing with your fingers!

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1390674066' post='2348247']
That depends on what your local is like. Down my local i doubt if anyone would even notice.
[/quote]

I wouldn't like to try and carry a tray of drinks across the room in your local then... :D

The Soul Train Line Dance is one of my best pick-me-ups: it's impossible to be morose watching any of them... :D

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1390674658' post='2348261']
I wouldn't like to try and carry a tray of drinks across the room in your local then... :D

The Soul Train Line Dance is one of my best pick-me-ups: it's impossible to be morose watching any of them... :D
[/quote]
Trays? They wouldn't dare to have trays in our local as they'd soon be used as frisbees.

You do have to get your timing right though when negotiating your way from the bar if 'Oops Upside Your Head' comes on the jukebox. :D