Why become a member? ×

Bargain Fender TV Bassman Fifteen? or just me???

[size=3][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Bargain Fender TV Bassman Fifteen, why no bidders??[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-BASSMAN-TV-FIFTEEN-AMPLIFIER-VGC-/111248265814?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=KpNt2ErynHjDrSj7B6WRwjkRmss%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc"][font=Calibri][color=#0000FF]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-BASSMAN-TV-FIFTEEN-AMPLIFIER-VGC-/111248265814?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=KpNt2ErynHjDrSj7B6WRwjkRmss%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc[/color][/font][/url][/size]
[size=3][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Before anyone asks, yes, I won it. I’ve been looking for one of these for 2 years. The cheapest I can find is £750….and they are sold out, so you cant even get one for that price. [/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=Calibri][color=#000000]It arrived on Tuesday, and its every bit as good as I hoped, its huge (Look at it next to my tweed 4x10 bassman), bigger than I thought, which is great, lovely tweediness, with tube warmth, and 350W of headroom. Sounds great turned down, or cranked up. Love it[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]I bid far more than I won it for, and took it for £299.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]It was brand new, still has the plastic protective film on the badge, the vinyl top cover spec insert, original instruction manual, original till receipt, UK and EU leads, and a 20ft guitar lead thrown in. The original clip-on/o[/color][/size][/font]ff casters were mint too.

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]It must be just me who loves these……….which suits me just fine! Happy Bunny. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Some pics.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

Good deal. They were £700 when new. I used to own one. I bought it after seeing the Ed Friedland video review of it. He said it had a neo speaker in it which made it very light for it's size.

He lied!

I loved it but it did weigh the same as a small planet, with just one small handle, and was difficult to get up 3 flights of stairs to my flat after every gig. So I sold it to pay for a lightweight but very boring TC Electronic amp and cab.

I'd love one of the smaller ones with 12" or 10" speakers. They would probably be fine for some of the smaller gigs I do.

I have one of these, and I love it, I play through it every day - that's a ridiculous price for a brand new one! I think I paid a £100 more for mine and it wasn't new. To be honest I'm surprised these never became more popular, they sound super good. Possibly originally too expensive and way too heavy for regular gigging, but the 15 especially just has something special about it.

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1390613215' post='2347682']
I have one of these, and I love it, I play through it every day - that's a ridiculous price for a brand new one! I think I paid a £100 more for mine and it wasn't new. To be honest I'm surprised these never became more popular, they sound super good. Possibly originally too expensive and way too heavy for regular gigging, but the 15 especially just has something special about it.
[/quote]

I have a feeling you ended up with mine if you bought from Kelso on Basschat. I'm glad it get's played everyday......sniff :(

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1390615937' post='2347692']
I have a feeling you ended up with mine if you bought from Kelso on Basschat. I'm glad it get's played everyday......sniff :(
[/quote]

Yep, that's the one! It sits in the middle of my living room, gets a lot of love and admiration from visitors. It was already scuffed when I got it, I might try to give it a clean now that I've seen how nice they look new. (Any ideas on how to remove scuff marks from tweed?)

[attachment=153158:bassman.jpg]

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1390651444' post='2347898']
Yep, that's the one! It sits in the middle of my living room, gets a lot of love and admiration from visitors. It was already scuffed when I got it, I might try to give it a clean now that I've seen how nice they look new. (Any ideas on how to remove scuff marks from tweed?)

[attachment=153158:bassman.jpg]
[/quote]

I got it from GAK with those scuffs on it. I assumed it was a demonstrator. They took about £50 off the asking price. I tried to get the marks off with methylated spirit. and it helped a little bit. When Kelso bought it I also gave him a cover for it. Hopefully he used it and it didn't get too many further bumps and thumps. But those tweed Fender amps do tend to mark very easily.