Why become a member? ×

God I Love Punk

Inspired by Bilbo, I have nothing but respect for mans love for his music.

So i thought i would share my love Punk, i love the urgency i love the speed i love the way i feel when i hear a bass line played in hyper-speed with a nice palm muted guitar over the top and most of all i love the "this is what i play if you don't like it f*ck off " attitude of it all.

I don't really listen to punk these days although I loved the Stranglers and the Clash when I was a kid.
The bass player with Frank Zappa for the latter years of his bands is what I can only describs as a punk bassist. Absolutely superb bass player massively energetic and very musical. If you haven't heard him check him out.

Blimey! I can't do that :)

Re: punk, its fantastic live music, really gets pulses racing although there's good (Pistols, Stranglers, Damned, Ruts, Buzzcocks etc) and bad (Oi bands, American-pseudo punk etc).

Sorry for self-serving ad here, but - if you like punk and you have a couple of minutes to spare - check out my band Kismetik on Myspace for some fast punk mixed up with surf/psychobilly guitar and even an Ennio Morricone-inspired punk hoedown (Drunk at the Wake). If anyone likes it and lives in London, we're on at the Bullet bar in Camden tonight at 9.30pm

Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='231260' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:43 PM']Blimey! I can't do that :)

Re: punk, its fantastic live music, really gets pulses racing although there's good (Pistols, Stranglers, Damned, Ruts, Buzzcocks etc) and bad (Oi bands, American-pseudo punk etc).

Sorry for self-serving ad here, but - if you like punk and you have a couple of minutes to spare - check out my band Kismetik on Myspace for some fast punk mixed up with surf/psychobilly guitar and even an Ennio Morricone-inspired punk hoedown (Drunk at the Wake). If anyone likes it and lives in London, we're on at the Bullet bar in Camden tonight at 9.30pm

Cheers Clarky[/quote]

Well, the good and bad there is a matter of taste really, I love bands like NOFX, NoMeansNo, Decendents, Bad Religion etc, which may well fall under your american-pseudo punk bracket...

[quote name='Clarky' post='231260' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:43 PM']Blimey! I can't do that :)

Cheers Clarky[/quote]
Top tunes mate, good luck with the gig but I've used up this weeks gig priviledges with Maiden on Saturday! Check out [url="http://www.myspace.com/evolvecore"]Evolve[/url] for similar, though we always sound a bit gay in the studio - I'll add you.

[quote name='Wil' post='231280' date='Jul 2 2008, 01:12 PM']Well, the good and bad there is a matter of taste really, I love bands like NOFX, NoMeansNo, Decendents, Bad Religion etc, which may well fall under your american-pseudo punk bracket...[/quote]
Nomeansno - saw them (again) recently - superb. The Hanson Brothers are [url="http://www.nomeanswhatever.com/tour.html"]touring in Nov[/url]...

Edited by johnnylager

NOFX are awesome own everything they havew ever made on vinyl .

Clarky loving the band man Bullet Bar is a great venue if your not put on with 4 metal bands :S

I might as well do a bit of self serving [url="http://www.myspace.com/theplanpunk"]The Plan[/url]

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='231334' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:13 PM']NOFX are awesome own everything they havew ever made on vinyl .

Clarky loving the band man Bullet Bar is a great venue if your not put on with 4 metal bands :S

I might as well do a bit of self serving [url="http://www.myspace.com/theplanpunk"]The Plan[/url][/quote]
Confession - never heard NOFX despite loads of recommendations. Whats their best album so I can take a listen?

[quote name='Clarky' post='231343' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:19 PM']Confession - never heard NOFX despite loads of recommendations. Whats their best album so I can take a listen?[/quote]

My personal Fave is Ribbed but Punk In Drublic is the big one i guess

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtak7jJmv8o"]Try this[/url]

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='231346' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:23 PM']My personal Fave is Ribbed but Punk In Drublic is the big one i guess

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtak7jJmv8o"]Try this[/url][/quote]
Like it - downloading Punk in Drublic as we speak

[quote name='Clarky' post='231357' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:36 PM']Like it - downloading Punk in Drublic as we speak[/quote]

I'd recommend the Decline, its one track but its nearly 20 mins long, and its brilliant :)

[quote name='jono b' post='231449' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:18 PM']NOFX haven't played in Scotland for years, the bastards. Great band though, Fat Mike's pretty underrated as a bass player I reckon.[/quote]

I totally agree some of the bass parts in The Decline i find impossible to play, also some of the stuff he does with ME First i awesome too.