Why become a member? ×

NOT The biggest secret in the music industry

SteveK

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1389637826' post='2336424']
Which is one of the reasons why my work with squirrels is pro bono and gratis.

Among the squirrel skills under development is the ability to write polite but assertive letters of complaint. Coupled with 'enhanced household budgeting', we hope within only a few centuries to liberate squirrels from the stranglehold imposed on them by the high street banks.

[/quote]

Logo for the French Savings Bank (Caisse d'Epargne...)...

[attachment=152301:Logo_Cais_Epar_1.jpg] [attachment=152302:Logo_Cais_Epar_2.jpg]

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1389638014' post='2336430']

Indeed. [b]And look where it has got us.[/b] Another few hundred years may well see us consigned to an invisibly thin layer in the four billion year geological record of this planet*
[/quote]
A bit like "What have the Romans ever done for us?" ;)

Edited by SteveK

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389565494' post='2335666']
Things could be so much nicer for so many billions on the planet today, but the 'few' won't relinquish, so it will just remain a dream. It explains, partially at least, my healthy dose of cynicism, though. Never mind... :mellow:
[/quote]

You [b]are[/b] one of the few. Relinquish away.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389638452' post='2336439']
Logo for the French Savings Bank (Caisse d'Epargne...)...
[/quote]

Well, it all seems to have made perfect sense up until 1991 when they (presumably) paid someone like 'brand consultancy' Wolff Olins a crillion francs for a useless new logo that looks nothing like a squirrel unless you put your head sideways and squint.

Sh*te, that Wolff Olins lot. Did the 'Ponce With The Trumpet' logo for BT and similar cack for other companies.

[size=3][b]WO BT logo[/b]: Ponce. Perfumed ponce.[/size]

I have an irrational hatred of everything for which WO stands. To the extent that I did 3 months back in '97 for harrassing Wally Olins with a cantaloupe. Took 'em two and a half hours to extract it.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1389726612' post='2337291']

Well, it all seems to have made perfect sense up until 1991...
[/quote]

Extrapolating the dates, they're maybe due for change soon..? Care to send them your proposition..? Might be worth more than peanuts (...[i]which aren't really 'nuts'; yes, we know[/i]...). :mellow:

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1389728581' post='2337326']
Either way - Isn't it a bit... arty for the French? :lol:[/quote]

I could tell them it was by Jerry Lewis and they'd cough up the readies in an instant.

Squirrels. More fun than copyright or sidemens' fees. Well known fact.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1389730605' post='2337345']
I could tell them it was by Jerry Lewis and they'd cough up the readies in an instant.

Squirrels. More fun than copyright or sidemens' fees. Well known fact.
[/quote]

I've just thought... you can't sell that to the French... How would they ever say "Squirrel" properly? No, that would cause far too many red faces. Scrap it. I SAID SCRAP IT, GOD DAMN IT! *storms over to liquor cabinet and has a brandy. Looks wistfully out the window.*

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1389731851' post='2337360']
I've just thought... you can't sell that to the French... How would they ever say "Squirrel" properly? No, that would cause far too many red faces. Scrap it. I SAID SCRAP IT, GOD DAMN IT! *storms over to liquor cabinet and has a brandy. Looks wistfully out the window.*
[/quote]

Écureuil. Say it slowly at first. Yes, that's right. Savour it. Écureuil. Hear how it flows from the tongue..? Feel the suave hint of noisettes..? Écureuil. Ten times, before and after meals. Ah, you're doing better already. Well done. Écureuil.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1389728581' post='2337326']
Is that squirrel on a Bonsai tree, or is it a massive mutant squirrel which has grown through radiation poisoning? (That's how radiation works, right?). Either way - Isn't it a bit... arty for the French? :lol:
[/quote]

Quoting Jeremy Wade, radiation appears to have stunted the growth of Catfish around Chernobyl.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389732119' post='2337368']
Écureuil. Say it slowly at first. Yes, that's right. Savour it. Écureuil. Hear how it flows from the tongue..? Feel the suave hint of noisettes..? Écureuil. Ten times, before and after meals. Ah, you're doing better already. Well done. Écureuil.
[/quote]

That may be how you say "Squirrel" in French, but the Squirrel that Paul has is an English Squirrel. I follow a French guy on Vine, and he found a Squirrel one day. He said Squirrel like "Skew-www-well", which is at least 5 more Ws than is required to say Squirrel :lol:

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1389732562' post='2337375']
That may be how you say "Squirrel" in French, but the Squirrel that Paul has is an English Squirrel. I follow a French guy on Vine, and he found a Squirrel one day. He said Squirrel like "Skew-www-well", which is at least 5 more Ws than is required to say Squirrel :lol:
[/quote]

Oh dear; a relapse, so soon. Never mind...

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1389732562' post='2337375']
[/quote]

I think the challenge is to get a French person to say "smooth." Ask him next time you chat to him.

(Then prepare to be laughed at when he, in return, asks you to say "grenouille.")