Sold!
£300

ash

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1389314474' post='2332886']
How's the neck on this ? Chunky, Slim ?
I'm really rather taken by it hehe.
B)
[/quote]

The neck is very slim and shallow - not quite a Jazz bass at the nut - however it retains its shallow profile up the length of the neck. Very comfy :)

I do many stupid things on a daily basis, and selling my Wilkes bass was one of those times.
Really well made, great hardware, lovely neck and Doug was brilliant at giving information about the guitar, even though I wasn't the original owner. I got the impression that he really cared about his guitars.
Buy from Ash with confidence too, top bloke!

Yes Doug is a great guy, highly skilled and full of innovative ideas - he is the luthier who developed 'The Answer' pickup system for guitar, slap plates (small brass plates with piezo pickups built into the fretless fingerboard) and the half fretted bass. He has also a great sense of humour too which is reflected in some of his more outrageous one-offs.

I've been asked about trades - in truth I'd prefer cash but basses that interest me are: Dan Armstrong, Fender Highway one, Status Groove, Ned Callan - I'm also interested in a Little Mark amp head or Orange Terror. Cheers lots of interest in this lovely bass all PMs answered. Price is firm

Edited by ash