Why become a member? ×

Sealed lightweight cabs, are there any out there ?

RJB280

I am new to lightweight cabs, currently using a bergie but missing the tight articulation i used to get with my old sealed but heavy Hartke so am looking for a sealed lightweight alternative.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks

Ah, very interesting, i took delivery of a 69er last october but took it back under Alex's very generous trial scheme as it just seemed to lack the tight punchy mids i have been used to but i have to say, the lower end and volume those things produce is very impressive.
Likewise the Hi Drive which is certainly lighter in weight than the XL but also sadly just doesn't compare to the tight punchy mids of the XL.
Ampeg eh, i will investigate further.
Thanks for your feedback guys, its always helpful to get opinions from fellow players, the search continues !!!
Happy new year to you all

Russ

Funnily enough I've been wondering why more people don't offer something like this. The potential for a smaller cab and better handling of real lows is appealing, at the loss of bass efficiency to be fair, but it is all about trade off.

If anyone was interested in building something and wanted help with design then it'd be an interesting project. I'd be happy to be PM'd.

[quote name='grenadilla' timestamp='1388880685' post='2327366']
The Ampeg PF 210 is a sealed cabinet once the top is clamped down. They are 400 watts and 8 ohms. The PF 15 is also sealed.
[/quote]

I run two of the PF115s and it's a lovely setup; they nail the old school 'round tone' vibe, but also have a pretty good tweeter to do the modern sounds.

I've built a few sealed cabs & currently planning my 1st ported 110 similar to 8" guitar cab I have in FS at the mo. I always use quite thick ply so not really light weight like BF but I have struggled finding suitable drivers for sealed cabs if you're looking at DIY.
Eminence do the B810 but they're 32 Ohms. Not sure what SVT210AV uses tho.

What amp you gonna use btw ? And how light weight ? And what size venue/with/without PA support ?

Si

Ps. This is more of a response to 'Phil Starr' than OP, soz

Edited by sifi2112