Why become a member? ×

Reverb pedal on a budget?

topheteatwo

Hey guys

Looking at maybe getting a reverb pedal, since I'm a bit broke most of the time, I'm looking for a good cheap one

I'd love an Iron Ether Nimbus but they're a tad expensive maybe some other time!

I was listening to this track by These Arms Are Snakes and I was wondering if Brian Cook has used a reverb pedal on this track to make his bass sound very roomy and big, I could be wrong, if I am, please correct me

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZYcadjT8XY[/media]

Cheers dudes!

The new TC Electronic HOF pedal is quite cool too.

It is a scaled down version of the Hall of Fame, very small footprint and with the ability to change the type of reverb and/or customize it with their app.

My friend has one and it is a lovely little thing to have on your board, and if you get tired of the sound you just change the reverb to another one and you are done.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Reverb on bass can sound good at low volume in your bedroom, but live and in a band mix I have found it to be next to useless, really really crap.

Rather than spend in excess of £50 on an effect you might not get on with, but a behringer reverb of eBay for £20 to see if reverb is the effect for you. If it isn't then you can sell it again and you haven't lost out.

[quote name='Alfie' timestamp='1388759814' post='2325711']
Reverb on bass can sound good at low volume in your bedroom, but live and in a band mix I have found it to be next to useless, really really crap.

Rather than spend in excess of £50 on an effect you might not get on with, but a behringer reverb of eBay for £20 to see if reverb is the effect for you. If it isn't then you can sell it again and you haven't lost out.
[/quote]

+1 to all of that!

Guest FretNoMore

A Zoom MS-60B or MS-70CDR gets you a whole bunch of effects to try, for little money.
And if you don't like the reverbs you'll surely find something else in there that is worth the money.

The TC Hall of Fame is nice, with downloadable Toneprints.

I agree, reverb on bass has a fairly specific and 'difficult-to-get-right' use in a generic band setting. Worth spending as little as possible first (or at least buying second hand) in order to see if its what you want.
For a nice and solid, toneful set of reverbs, the Marshall Reflector is excellent, and can be found and decent prices.
I prefer slightly weirder reverbs, so my one of choice at the moment is a Mr Black Eterna, which is essentially a shimmer reverb.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1388834946' post='2326537']
I agree, reverb on bass has a fairly specific and 'difficult-to-get-right' use in a generic band setting. Worth spending as little as possible first (or at least buying second hand) in order to see if its what you want.
For a nice and solid, toneful set of reverbs, the Marshall Reflector is excellent, and can be found and decent prices.
I prefer slightly weirder reverbs, so my one of choice at the moment is a Mr Black Eterna, which is essentially a shimmer reverb.

Si
[/quote]

me to been gasing for a eventide space for years!

[quote name='Byo' timestamp='1388721765' post='2325323']
The new TC Electronic HOF pedal is quite cool too.
[/quote]

I am quite interested in this, though thought it would be cheaper, it's only £15-20 less than the regular hall of fame... BUT i only have space for a nano pedal on my board, so right now, tempted!!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1388886318' post='2327403']
I am quite interested in this, though thought it would be cheaper, it's only £15-20 less than the regular hall of fame... BUT i only have space for a nano pedal on my board, so right now, tempted!!
[/quote]

i must admit i did aswell but if you r a set and forget kinda guy with the verb i suppose theres no need for having the knobs.

andy

Went ahead and bought a ShimVerb for about £40 there

There were a couple of parts in some new songs we were writing where the bass needed to be a little washy and way more spacious, whenever we get them recorded I'll share!

Reverb can get you lost in the mix, but it's handy I'm only competing with one other guitarist who isn't a frequency hog, so that helps!