Why become a member? ×

NEW bass whammy!!!

GazWills

[quote name='burno70' timestamp='1396714703' post='2416715']
Just back from band praccy. The whammy 4 settings are just too embedded in our tracks, no way I can work around it, new bass whammy's gotta go :(

Serves me right for not researching the pedal! Looks like I'll have to sell off a another pedal to make room for an M5 or Pitchfactor + expression pedal!
[/quote]

Try the Whammy V. I've used one for a while and the tone is def an improvement on the 4, but you have all the same settings!

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1396864643' post='2418001']
Try the Whammy V. I've used one for a while and the tone is def an improvement on the 4, but you have all the same settings!
[/quote]

Yup - that's what I've gone for. Same settings plus polyphony, which sealed the deal. I'd still love a Pitchfactor but can't afford it.

I just received mine today and I've just spent about an hour mucking about with it and comparing it to the Whammy 4 (which I use loads).

On a first impression the settings that I'm having most fun with are 5th ^ / Oct ^, the 5th ^ on it's own and the Oct ^ / 2 Oct ^, all of which are settings that aren't on the Whammy 4. The tonal difference between the Whammy 4 and Bass Whammy is huge, I was getting annoyed with how much a tone sucker the Whammy 4 was. Overall I'd say the Bass Whammy sounds a lot smoother. I'm not taken aback by the Chord setting, that's doing funky stuff to my tone, it sounds very digital as someone else mentioned before.

At my next rehearsal I'm gonna give it a go, and also keep the Whammy 4 on my board to compare.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1396874507' post='2418190']
This is interesting . Nobody has said it is awesome yet. Obviously more time is needed, and it's just come out etc .
[/quote]

I actually thought it was excellent - it lets more bass tone through than the Whammy 4, some of the new settings (new to me) are cool but I've grown reliant on the whammy 4's settings and specifically needed those, otherwise I'd have kept it.

Same settings (possibly plus a couple of extras). Better tracking (at least with the Chord setting), easier powering, better bypass with the new one.

Is annoying that there isn't a settings change pedal like on the old model though...