Why become a member? ×

Good afternoon Bass Chat!

Alex B

Hi all, I've been having a look through the forum this afternoon and thought I'd better join up and say hello...

I'm Alex, I live in Norwich. I've been playing bass for about 19 years now, but I'm a little rusty at the moment. Work has been getting in the way of regular playing over the last few years, but I seem to be working fewer evenings and weekends lately, and have been picking up my bass a lot more. The plan is to get out jamming and rehearsing again, maybe gigging as well.

Experience and style-wise, I have a very broad taste in music generally, and I've played in various bands over the years. From pub indie/rock/blues covers bands, a metal band for a bit, function bands, and playing in the house band in a few musicals for an amateur theatre group. Whatever the style, I just love a good groove!

As for gear, I have a 4 string electro-acoustic Aria which is always ready to pick up and play if I need to work out a bassline. Then I have a Hohner B2A and a ratty old Ibanez fretless which get occasional use. The main bass though is my Zoot Custom 5 string, which I love to bits.
If I'm playing at home, I tend to use a little Peavey Microbass combo, so as not to annoy the neighbours too much. For louder stuff, I have a Trace Series 6 GP7 head, with a 1x15 cab.

Anyway, I can see myself spending far too much time on here browsing the for sale section when I should be 'working from home', so I'll see you around!

Alex

Thanks both!

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1386519538' post='2300952']
Welcome - do you make cheese? :) The other bass player called Alex makes cheese, I like cheese :D
[/quote]

I'm afraid the other bass playing Alex has this one sewn up - I bring no cheese making talents to the table :D

• 4 weeks later...