Why become a member? ×

Is this really as bad as I think?

SteveK

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1385038779' post='2283667']
I can't say the thought of listening to Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon or The Killers fills me with any more excitement but then none of that music is aimed at my generation. It all seems a bit bland and uninspiring to me.
[/quote]

I don't know about Kings of Leon or The Killers, but one or two tracks from the Monkeys' 'AM' I thought were pretty good. About fifteen billion times better than KW, anyway. But there's nowt as queer as folk, each to their own, one man's trash, beauty in the eye (or ear) of the beholder, etc. :)

Edited by discreet

I think he's trying to divide opinions here. He's ditching the more produced sound he used to have and going for something more raw that sounds almost hastily flung together. You could argue that that makes it less bland and boring than some of his other singles.
It doesn't do anything for me, but there will be listeners out there who get a kick out of that.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1385071215' post='2284247']
I don't know about Kings of Leon or The Killers, but one or two tracks from the Monkeys' 'AM' I thought were pretty good. About fifteen billion times better than KW, anyway. But there's nowt as queer as folk, each to their own, one man's trash, beauty in the eye (or ear) of the beholder, etc. :)
[/quote]
I'm not saying that one is better than the other just that all sound to me so boring, dreary and lacking in imagination.

This is probably more of a reflection on the times we live in as much as anything to do with music.

Edited by BetaFunk

when i first visited this thread i listened to the pale tone vid first and was so mortified i never got to listen to the OP vid

[quote name='timhiggins' timestamp='1385286869' post='2286336']
I to thought this was a spoof,in fact its so bad i havent even heard my teenage daughter playing it! kinda reminds me of some over sentimental soft rock rubbish from the 80s ,and i imagine the target audience is predominately white teenagers not black america at all.
[/quote]

yes - agreed

and yes to the OP - this is absolutley f***ing dreadful

in fact the pale tone vid is relatively ok in comparison

Edited by steve-bbb

Some of the ridiculous things he says make me believe that he's actually part of an elaborate practical joke.

"It’s like this, by not giving my album a classic rating, you diminish your magazine’s credibility. And that’s real."

"When I think of competition it's like I try to create against the past. I think about Michelangelo and Picasso, you know, the pyramids."

"I got into doing beats for the video games I used to try to make. My game was very sexual. The main character was, like, a giant penis. It was like Mario Brothers, but the ghosts were, like, vaginas. Mind you, I'm 12 years old, and this is stuff 30-year-olds are programming. You'd have to draw in and program every little step — it literally took me all night to do a step, 'cause the penis, y'know, had little feet and eyes."

Kanye's taking the p**s out of us!