Why become a member? ×

NBD: Musicman SUB

budget bassist

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1385230541' post='2285915']
I have had mine for a week now and LOVE it. Mine is a 5 and I'm struggling to find a replacement guard, especially after being chastised by discreet for wanting a pearl guard!
[/quote]

I ordered a replacement from strings and things for my fiver. I'll post up a photo when i get out so you can see it, in case it is not the correct one.

[attachment=149233:pickguard.jpg]

OK, here it is, not yet fitted (but slipped into place on top of the original, it's single ply, ever so slightly smaller than the checquerplate effort. screw holes appear to allign perfectly and i have not removed the protective film yet. just realised how bad the photo is. it doesn't show how neat a fit it is around the pickup, but it is great.

It's the very last item listed on the last page of the ernieball.co.uk spares webpage

The one thing to note is that they do not come with black (or any) screws, so i have ordered some and these arrived today. I now have too many, so if you would like some let me know and I'll post them to you. it's the least i can do after giving that bum steer on the stingray

Edited by rodma