Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Killers: All These Things.... chords at the end?

Marvin

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1385080135' post='2284388']
Surely a pattern can be noted by now, your replies often evoke a less than charitable reply from the rest of us. It's maybe worth assessing your attempts at help because on this occasion your reply on the face of things appeared belittling and condescending where no such attitude was required. The fact that it has been noted by more than a few people is not a coincidence and it's very possible you're getting a kick from it, but if this is a fact that is to pass you by blindly then the one thing to take away from this is to maybe look at how you choose to word stuff to other people. It's a friendly forum by and large, your reply was far from friendly.
[/quote]

Nah, I'm good. I know human nature. As Mark Twain said: "Make people think they're thinking and they'll love you, but really make them think and they'll hate you." I get message boards.. It's a mob mentality. No one is going to speak up for the guy who's getting piled on. And no one likes to be proven wrong. I was just being straightforward. If someone helped me and was a little gruff I'd say THANK YOU. But it seems some people are more concerned with whether it's done to their liking. Well, I have no time for that and sure as hell am not going to worry about it.

And yes, Abm7 has a Eb and Gb, pedantically speaking. : )

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1385079502' post='2284381']
Eh, I think some of you are just looking for a reason to pile on. My point to the OP was that if he needs help, it'd make sense to be as clear as possible. I never heard the song so i had to do a bit of deciphering from his post to find out how to explain it. Not everyone may go to the same lengths. And, un, yeah, you're welcome.

And even when my point of a B triad being the same as a Abm7, STILL, it isn't good enough. Geez, everyone is so sensitive. Maybe it's a Gen Y thing. They can't take criticism without crying and demanding an apology if they fart and the world doesn't applaud.

You can all go on about how rude I am -- it gives everyone a free shot to insult me. That's fine. But you may not want to reconsider being a musician if you can't take the slightest bit of direction.
[/quote]

Excuse me ! It's not about taking direction! I AM a pro musician. It's about your condescending manner !

I'm out.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1385079502' post='2284381']
You can all go on about how rude I am -- it gives everyone a free shot to insult me. That's fine. But you may not want to reconsider being a musician if you can't take the slightest bit of direction.
[/quote]

You may want to consider your use of the written word if you can't "take a little direction".

See, I can play that game too! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1385092308' post='2284431']
Nah, I'm good. I know human nature. As Mark Twain said: "Make people think they're thinking and they'll love you, but really make them think and they'll hate you." I get message boards.. It's a mob mentality. No one is going to speak up for the guy who's getting piled on. And no one likes to be proven wrong. I was just being straightforward. If someone helped me and was a little gruff I'd say THANK YOU. But it seems some people are more concerned with whether it's done to their liking. Well, I have no time for that and sure as hell am not going to worry about it.

And yes, Abm7 has a Eb and Gb, pedantically speaking. : )
[/quote]

You're a bit of a lost cause then. As a few people even pointed out your advice was at best inaccurate as there are no sharps in flat keys so why you're so smug I'm not sure. Maybe it's worth starting a thread in 'theory and technique' to see if you can get this misunderstanding ironed out before you go offering anymore advice. I'm out too.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1385109009' post='2284481']
You may want to consider your use of the written word if you can't "take a little direction".

See, I can play that game too! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1385119608' post='2284611']
You're a bit of a lost cause then. As a few people even pointed out your advice was at best inaccurate as there are no sharps in flat keys so why you're so smug I'm not sure. Maybe it's worth starting a thread in 'theory and technique' to see if you can get this misunderstanding ironed out before you go offering anymore advice. I'm out too.
[/quote]

That is such bull sh*te and you know it. You're REALLY going to make a point of an F# being called an Gb? I mean REALLY?!?! Thats[i] REALLY [/i]bothers you? Come ON. You are so obviously grasping at straws to try to find fault. Lamest post yet.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1385092308' post='2284431']

" I get message boards.. It's a mob mentality. No one is going to speak up for the guy who's getting piled on. And no one likes to be proven wrong. I was just being straightforward. If someone helped me and was a little gruff I'd say THANK YOU.

[/quote]

If the "guy who's getting piled on" didn't keep trying to pick fights with people then the "mob" wouldn't be telling him he's continually out of order. Sounds like a. Bit of paranoia creeping in here.

I still think you simply didn't answer a very straightforward question and seemed to try and go out of your way to basically tell the OP that he didn't even know how to ask the question in the first place.

That's quite simply rude and the "mob" are quite right to say it's not really very nice.

To then continually say you deserved to be thanked for telling the OP he didn't know how to ask a question, and without ever actually even answering it, beggars belief :(

It's not like this is an isolated event either, seems to be happening again and again. I find it hard to believe that you genuinely think the people here are somehow ganging up on you for some obscure reason known only to them. . .

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1385145715' post='2285059']
If the "guy who's getting piled on" didn't keep trying to pick fights with people then the "mob" wouldn't be telling him he's continually out of order. Sounds like a. Bit of paranoia creeping in here.

I still think you simply didn't answer a very straightforward question and seemed to try and go out of your way to basically tell the OP that he didn't even know how to ask the question in the first place.

That's quite simply rude and the "mob" are quite right to say it's not really very nice.

To then continually say you deserved to be thanked for telling the OP he didn't know how to ask a question, and without ever actually even answering it, beggars belief :(

It's not like this is an isolated event either, seems to be happening again and again. I find it hard to believe that you genuinely think the people here are somehow ganging up on you for some obscure reason known only to them. . .
[/quote]

I'm picking fights? That's very funny. And I did answer his question. You just weren't paying attention.

Oh, I know why people are ganging up. Because there's strength in numbers. If its okay for a bunch of other people to do it, it's easy to join in and be one of the crowd. Hell, read your own post. You don't even know what occurred and you're parroting the accusations. It's fascinating actually.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1385157262' post='2285265']
I'm picking fights? That's very funny. And I did answer his question. You just weren't paying attention.

Oh, I know why people are ganging up. Because there's strength in numbers. If its okay for a bunch of other people to do it, it's easy to join in and be one of the crowd. Hell, read your own post. You don't even know what occurred and you're parroting the accusations. It's fascinating actually.
[/quote]

It must be a difficult world where you're always right, everyone else is always wrong and those wrong people start ganging up on you to tell you you're not right after all. . .

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1385157917' post='2285270']
It must be a difficult world where you're always right, everyone else is always wrong and those wrong people start ganging up on you to tell you you're not right after all. . .
[/quote]\

I wouldn't know about that. That's certainly not the case in my life. But I know music theory and I know when I'm falsely accused of something and I know that people can be petty and ridiculous at times so it actually all makes sense.

I have never met anyone on this thread, have no axe to grind, merely a bystander, rarely get involved in these off topic spats. But, Lowender, you are consistently and unequivocally the most patronising poster on this forum. Always quick to give the benefit of your experience and always washed down by a big spoonful of condescension. You may not mean it like that but that is how it comes across. And that is why you provoke this perceived 'ganging up'.

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1385162774' post='2285323']
\

I wouldn't know about that. That's certainly not the case in my life. But I know music theory and I know when I'm falsely accused of something and I know that people can be petty and ridiculous at times so it actually all makes sense.
[/quote]
I've not been on here for a while as I'm on a UK tour. When i left you were being a nob...I see nothing has changed. As for you knowing music theory, when you first showed up a chord sequence in the beatles thread was being discussed. You tried that patronising sh*t on me to show i was wrong, however i was right and showed you that you was wrong. You wasn't so smug then. So your claim to knowing music theory is flimsy.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1385219617' post='2285734']
I've not been on here for a while as I'm on a UK tour. When i left you were being a nob...I see nothing has changed. As for you knowing music theory, when you first showed up a chord sequence in the beatles thread was being discussed. You tried that patronising sh*t on me to show i was wrong, however i was right and showed you that you was wrong. You wasn't so smug then. So your claim to knowing music theory is flimsy.
[/quote]

I'd like to see that thread. I believe you're mistaken. And are you saying I'm wrong in this case with the Killers song? Do you have any idea what you;re talking about? Because theory is math, it's either right or wrong. So, it sounds like you're the one being a bit nobbish I'd say.

Edited by Lowender