Why become a member? ×

spector sold sold sold

mkstylee

for sale 2 week old spector euro lx with a stunning poplar burl top [looks like white walnut with dark rings] with gator hard case as new i just do get along with 34" scale .this bass is as new p/j pickups emg ,active real low action plays great ,call 07974 362510 ,south devon will post or please pm me thanks paid 900 two weeks ago offers accepted

Edited by mkstylee

for sale 2 week old spector euro lx with a stunning poplar burl top [looks like white walnut with dark rings] with gator hard case as new i just dont get along with 34" scale .this bass is as new p/j pickups emg ,active real low action plays great ,call 07974 362510 ,south devon will post or please pm me thanks

sorry for posting twice thought id previewed not posted[attachment=9921:005.JPG]

there you go,did'nt think i had it in me coooool

i will eccept a trade for a status cash either way

Edited by mkstylee

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='224860' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:28 AM']Lovely jubbly - I would go so far as to say if I sell my Duck Dunn, I'll buy this off you.[/quote]

Hang on Alan, isn't this Spector just a pretty Warwick Streamer... are you gradually conquering your hatred of all things 'W' :)

It is a cracking looking bass. I'd love to A/B it against the similar spec'd Warwick Streamer!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='224889' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:52 AM']Hang on Alan, isn't this Spector just a pretty Warwick Streamer... are you gradually conquering your hatred of all things 'W' :)

It is a cracking looking bass. I'd love to A/B it against the similar spec'd Warwick Streamer![/quote]

We all Know Spectors are the original & best !!!

Big W just a poor imitation...... :huh:

[quote name='Marcus' post='224919' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:12 PM']We all Know Spectors are the original & best !!!

Big W just a poor imitation...... :huh:[/quote]

[quote name='cetera' post='224933' date='Jun 23 2008, 12:27 PM']+1 :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Yeh +1 to what they said... hang on :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='224889' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:52 AM']Hang on Alan, isn't this Spector just a pretty Warwick Streamer... are you gradually conquering your hatred of all things 'W' :huh:

It is a cracking looking bass. I'd love to A/B it against the similar spec'd Warwick Streamer![/quote]

I love Spectors (having owned two) and even some Warwicks :) - there was a nice neck through Thumb on here recently that had me nursing a semi for days. :huh:

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='225027' date='Jun 23 2008, 02:04 PM']I love Spectors (having owned two) and even some Warwicks :huh: - there was a nice neck through Thumb on here recently that had me nursing a semi for days. :huh:[/quote]

I thought you had an aversion to 'W'... or am I confusing you with another BW/BT/BC member :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='225074' date='Jun 23 2008, 03:13 PM']I thought you had an aversion to 'W'... or am I confusing you with another BW/BT/BC member :)[/quote]

TBBC hates all things W.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='225074' date='Jun 23 2008, 03:13 PM']I thought you had an aversion to 'W'... or am I confusing you with another BW/BT/BC member :)[/quote]

No - I'm not mad on the look of Corvettes (phallic top horn) and the Thumb (dunno which) that looks like it's been left too close to a radiator and melted but Streamers are nice basses.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='224860' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:28 AM']Lovely jubbly - I would go so far as to say if I sell my Duck Dunn, I'll buy this off you.[/quote]

more than welcome ,will trade for a status if any use to ya?

Well as the rather smug owner of both a Warwick Streamer AND a Spector Euro LX they really are stunning instruments. The Warwick sounds 'smooth' whereas the Spector is more growly due to the higher output pickups. The Spectors control layout makes it a trickier beast to tame in my opinion. Each pickup has its own volume control whereas the W has a blend control. The neck profiles are slightly different and the only way I can describe them is the W is 'Jazz-like" whereas the Spector feels more like a Precision. There really is very little difference in terms of build quality. My Spector can more then hold its own with the Warwick.

Whoever gets this will have a lovely guitar. Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='ednaplate' post='225291' date='Jun 23 2008, 07:35 PM']Well as the rather smug owner of both a Warwick Streamer AND a Spector Euro LX they really are stunning instruments. The Warwick sounds 'smooth' whereas the Spector is more growly due to the higher output pickups. The Spectors control layout makes it a trickier beast to tame in my opinion. Each pickup has its own volume control whereas the W has a blend control. The neck profiles are slightly different and the only way I can describe them is the W is 'Jazz-like" whereas the Spector feels more like a Precision. There really is very little difference in terms of build quality. My Spector can more then hold its own with the Warwick.

Whoever gets this will have a lovely guitar. Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

thanks very much

I wouldn't say one is better than the other as both share a common history in terms of who designed them. I instinctively reach for my Warwick first as I can get the sound I want pretty much straight away. The Spector is a bit more rock-orientated and I liken the tone of mine to Geddy Lee's Jazz on the Moving Pictures album. It's an abstract thing describing a sound but that's what springs to mind with me.

There is a vast difference in price between the two if bought new (Stage 1 Streamer vs Euro LX). This difference is not as great if you are considering second hand. Both of mine are second hand and there was only £150 between them. Maybe this indicates that one was overpriced to begin with. You need to A/B them for yourselves as build quality isn't an issue and I would never say one was better than the other.