Why become a member? ×

What on earth is this?

Interesting. My very first bass was exactly the same shape and had exactly the same neck. It had Raver on the headstock and it was truely crap. Cost me the princely sum of £27 in 1977. Still have the bits in a box if anyone wants it. :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1382897846' post='2257744']
Er... as far as I'm aware, Roland do not, and never have, manufactured bass guitars. Surely he cannot be serious?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.matrixsynth.com/2010/09/vintage-roland-g-33-and-gr-33b-bass.html"]http://www.matrixsynth.com/2010/09/vintage-roland-g-33-and-gr-33b-bass.html[/url]

?

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1382927509' post='2258110']
Those GR basses aren't, per se, Roland. The range was produced by Greco, although built by FujiGen. There were more conventional models in the range, in addition to midi equipped ones. These just happen to be the top of the range versions fitted with the Roland midi pickup/output circuit, like the current Fender/Roland Stratocaster series.
[/quote]

While I appreciate that the question I quoted was whether or not Roland "manufactured" basses, I was merely showing the precedent for the Roland logo being legitimately on a bass guitar. Made, manufactured, commissioned, badge engineered, whatever. Of course, the bass highlighted by the OP is simply a random bass with a Roland sticker stuck on the headstock.

• 2 weeks later...