Why become a member? ×

Funky Bounce

kemper162

Do you mean 'disco octaves'? If so, I play index finger on the low note, followed by ring then middle on the high notes. But some people play it with two fingers with agile string skipping, or play the low note with the thumb then use the first two fingers.

Very specific! :lol:

D'you mean that staccato (short punchy notes) kind of playing with ghost notes and such? I'd try playing a bit nearer the bridge where there's more tension in the string and muting the note with either your other plucking finger or left hand after only letting it ring for a very short time. Muting notes slightly with your left hand for that percussive ghost note can sound funky but it can ruin a band mix if you over-do it!

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1382705510' post='2255667']
Er.... what [b][i]is[/i][/b] "funk bounce"? :huh: :blush:
[/quote]

Swinging da 16th notes....

A world of music with no swing, would look like this.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/xsww.jpg/][IMG]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3553/xsww.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1382727062' post='2256072']
Or the effects of a new budgie food.

But you'd be too young to get that one :D
[/quote]

We weren't allowed to have any pets when I was a kid ( but we did have my perculiar older brother, and he was a[i] de facto [/i]substitute :) ), so the world of budgies in any era is an unknown quantity to me , Shelly.

Edited by Dingus