Why become a member? ×

New Kit Richardson video & single 'All Heart No Brains'

xilddx

Good Lord, Artrocker have premiered this! I hope you like it :)

Thank you ever so much to you Basschat friends who have been SOOOOO supportive over the last couple of years, you know who you are and we love you xx

http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article/video-premiere-kit-richardson-all-heart-no-brains

We have a launch gig on the 12th November in London if you're interested http://basschat.co.uk/topic/219246-kit-richardson-new-single-launch-12-november-servant-jazz-quarters/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZnXmTfE5M

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1382570969' post='2253946']
Awesome mate! Thank you!!

What's your page man?
[/quote]

It's the BassGear one [url="https://www.facebook.com/BassGearUK"]https://www.facebook.com/BassGearUK[/url]

The post has been seen by 104 people already - doesn't mean they'll watch the vid but it's in their news feed so they might give it a try and/or pass it on.

There's live tracking of number of people that see it.

The 6,500 come from all over the world. Really interesting to see where outside of Uk. Over 2,000 in USA & 700 in Brazil (I didn't even know there were 700 bass players in Brazil!). London is biggest City followed by LA & then Sao Paulo.

We'll often try to promote individual bassists or artists if they send us stuff. Reach tends to be lower than for simple things like a new bass that's arrived but we always feel it's worth supporting real musicians and having a go at getting the word out about new releases or live vids from recent gigs etc :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1382577252' post='2253969']
Love it! [i]Great[/i] song and a great video too.

Very nicely staged/acted/edited and I like the humour throughout. Spot on. Probably my favourite video of yours to date… and not because you're not in it mate, you understand :D
[/quote]

Thanks very much, Paul :D

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1382578315' post='2253971']
Great video and track, Nigel. Shame you missed out.

Kit and the band just go from strength to strength. Me and the OH love her music and you all should be proud of yourselves. I hope Barry's FB helps you out.
[/quote]
That's lovely to hear, Sam, thank you mate!

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1382616560' post='2254430']
Just got to hear it today. Really enjoyable. Good work. I'm thinking about making the trip to Dalston, but I really dislike trying to get home from there on a Tuesday night :)
[/quote]

Thank you, Ant! Really hope you feel like making the gig man.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1382569120' post='2253929']
I'm not in the vid because I had to visit my folks on filming day.
[/quote]

Boo-hiss Nige, great song and great vid, looks like they had fun making it, shame you`re not in it.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1382625866' post='2254609']
Boo-hiss Nige, great song and great vid, looks like they had fun making it, shame you`re not in it.
[/quote]

Cheers Lozz! Yeah I'm sad I couldn't be there but my folks live in Wales so no chance of getting back for it, the film crew couldn't move the date either. But it's a great vid, Kit's got a real talent for writing and directing.

Another completely professional ( for want of a better term ) sounding track that is the finished article . If this was on a major label ( or an independent label with someone good plugging it for you) , it would get on the Radio 2 / 6 Music playlist, for sure. All this track needs is for the right person to hear it and it will open doors for you . I hope you have a bit of good luck in that respect .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1382627501' post='2254647']
Another completely professional ( for want of a better term ) sounding track that is the finished article . If this was on a major label ( or an independent label with someone good plugging it for you) , it would get on the Radio 2 / 6 Music playlist, for sure. All this track needs is for the right person to hear it and it will open doors for you . I hope you have a bit of good luck in that respect .
[/quote]

Lovely, thank you mate! This is actually released through Cool For Cats Records who signed for a single deal (which is what they do), so it's being plugged to the right sort of people and apparently that's working already!

Thanks again, Dingus!

[quote name='Green Alsatian' timestamp='1382636273' post='2254854']
A great song and a fun video. I think I've said it in the past, but Kit's voice is quite spectacular. It's a bonus that she has a great bunch of musicians backing her up.

Next video, though - I want to see [i]two[/i] Nige's in there as compensation. ;)

As a side note, was that an Aerodyne Strat in there? Tasty!
[/quote]

That's lovely man, thank you!

Yeah, the Aerodyne was Sam's first serious guitar, he liked it because it was different to a normal Strat and it felt and sounded great (it does). It's his only guitar, he doesn't get GAS like we do :D