Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection in Surrey

BetaFunk

[quote name='madshadows' timestamp='1382548896' post='2253551']
Anyone have experience of this make/model of bass ?

[/quote]

Lots of us. :P

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/697-obscure-musical-backwaters/page__hl__obscure"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/697-obscure-musical-backwaters/page__hl__obscure[/url]

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1382632362' post='2254756']
Something doesn't sound right though - I thought that production stayed in Japan until well after 1991.
[/quote]

Yep, maybe worth asking the seller about that comment, as the comment suggests they have some knowledge of the bass, whereas a £60 start price doesn't.

I've had a few SGC Nanyo's ranging from, off the top of my head, 1988 to 1994 and they were all MIJ.

By the way, this is a straight relist, it was on in the last couple of weeks at start price £85 (I think) with no takers.
Maybe the link through to the sale here on BC has helped this time around.

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1382652740' post='2255192']
Yep, maybe worth asking the seller about that comment, as the comment suggests they have some knowledge of the bass, whereas a £60 start price doesn't.

I've had a few SGC Nanyo's ranging from, off the top of my head, 1988 to 1994 and they were all MIJ.

By the way, this is a straight relist, it was on in the last couple of weeks at start price £85 (I think) with no takers.
Maybe the link through to the sale here on BC has helped this time around.
[/quote]
I bought one the same as that in 1993 from Project Music in Hounslow for £195. It was listed as used but still had protective plastic on the pups.

If this one could be had at the right price i couldn't care less where it came from. But then again i'm not a bass anorak. i.e. 'Uncle Mat' is not part of my vocabulary. :rolleyes:

Edited by BetaFunk