Why become a member? ×

Deadfire (ou7shined)

Ou7shined

Thanks guys.
They are just a selection from our home town Aberdeen over the last few months.
The Forum (top) Duthie Park (mid) and The Tunnels (bottom)

We have a wee UK tour in a couple of weeks then a 4 night support tour in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen (maybe a Perth date too) at the start of Nov and I will hopefully keep you up to speed and in more detail with those.

Also if and when some pics from last Saturday's gig materialise I put one up here too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1382054202' post='2247465']
I'm going to meet the beast on Saturday, I'll have a look at the bass as well. :P

Looking forward to the Manchester gig, Rich. What would be the best time for a natter?
[/quote]

:D

Anytime mate. Just wave a vodka and coke at me and you'll have my undivided attention. lol :D

A little review of last night.

Deadfire - The Craufurd Arms, Wolverton. 23-10-13

The Deadfire tour has had a lot of gigs fall through, it's Ou7shined's story so I'll let him tell it if he wants to, but they've had to rush about finding places to play. Last nights show was supposed to be in Coventry, but ended up in Wolverton.

A somewhat odd gig in that it was the pub's weekly Open Mic night and not a "regular" show but the band were up as the feature band and put on a good performance.

All the musicians I saw were of the highest standard playing a variety of styles including reggae, blues and a sort of blues rock. The local lads had their own mates in as support which filled the pub up although it was by no means busy but the landlords were enthusiastic about the evening and certainly danced about enough.

Deadfire kicked off with "War", a proper widdly riffed bit of headbanging material. The rest of the set was just as good with some great riffs from Gordon, sold drums from Tunk
and dancing basslines from our own Ou7shined who is in danger of banging his head on the floor at some point, whilst Charlie on vox was wandering off the front of the stage to become part of their own audience

I think they did an excellent job all things considered, problems with the tour and playing to a mostly empty pub though Charlie got a few people in front for the last song, "My Crown" by wandering around and dragging folks in from the periphery

Hopefully they'll be back down this part of the world again soon and in a position to play a named gig.

I even had the privilege of holding the Goat-on-a-stick bass :)

[URL=http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/SOrchard6/media/DSC_0049_zps444d797c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k605/SOrchard6/DSC_0049_zps444d797c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/SOrchard6/media/DSC_0050_zps2416eba3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k605/SOrchard6/DSC_0050_zps2416eba3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks for the review Si. Awesome to meet you. Shame we didn't have more time to natter after the gig. It was indeed an odd gig for a touring band but satisfying none the less and the people were extremely accommodating. And on the back of that odd gig we were offered the support slot for the Phil Campbell gig in December.... yes folks Phil Campbell from Motorhead! B) We had it confirmed today. Chuffed is not the word. :party:

Gonna get my ticket sometime this week :)

Hopefully have more time to hang about with you chaps afterwards, last week was just crazy busy for me, including recruiting a new vocalist the day after seeing you :D

Edited by Si600

• 3 weeks later...